+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solution to clingy girlfriend?

Solution to clingy girlfriend?

Hey there,

I have posted a lot on this website and have deduced that my girlfriend is super clingy. I have decided to try to play her at her own game and become super-uber clingy, paranoid and overemotional show her how it feels to be on the recieving end of this kind of behaviour.

has anyone ever tried doing this and from reading above do you think my plan will work to make her see the err of her ways? or am i just wasting my time and my free minutes n texts?

Cheers,

Jag

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's going to not work AT ALL. Goodluck.

hmm i was thinking that and well the reason I was thinking of doing it is that if someone is so needy and clingy its very unatractive so if i do the same to her she'll start to hate me for it, which would be great...

but i think my lack of understanding of the basic female rule might scupper my plans....that rule being that I cant think like a woman, no matter how much i try so this could be my downfall...and also, of my personal opinion, women make their own rules as they go along - which is very scary.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Trust me it will work that she hates it but that doesn't mean she's going to wake up and smell the coffee and see that she's been doing this to you all along!

hmmm in that case then I'll try and do it and I'll see what happens...I basically want her to hate me so if i follow it through it could hopefully result in that! I'm gona text her again, texted her 5 times in half an hour already, its so funny lol - but bad, very bad!

Clinginess is the kiss of death, in my experience. My high school boyfriend would bug the crap out of me while I was trying to do my homework, so I'd go to the library to do it. Nutjob would follow me. Thought I was lying about homework and wanted to meet up with other guys.

I can't stand it. I'm a trustworthy person, and I find it insulting if someone mistrusts me so much that he has to be a stalker.

Anyway, long story short, this isn't a quick fix, jag. Your girlfriend is a permanent pain in the ass.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by therealjag View Post
    or am i just wasting my time and my free minutes n texts?

Cheers,

Jag
    LOL.

Clingyness and neediness is only unattractive for me and when it's coming from the direction of someone I aint that into.
    If it's from a guy I really like, I lurrrrve a lot of attention.

So just hope she aint like me....

I remember a guy doing something similar to me, a while back.
    I'd get paranoid real easily and if he didn't call on time, show up on time and I'd accuse of him of having other women (sad I know....lol). Anyways, he began doing the same thing to me, accusing me of being unfaithful and you know, I really hated it being accused - it made me sit up and realise just how pathetic I'd been acting and how much it hurt and to not be trusted.....and since then, I changed totally.

So she might learn something from it.....but maybe not.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 18-05-10 at 04:44 AM.

hmmm in that case then I'll try and do it and I'll see what happens...I basically want her to hate me so if i follow it through it could hopefully result in that! I'm gona text her again, texted her 5 times in half an hour already, its so funny lol - but bad, very bad!
    So how is she reacting? Is she replying to it all?

She's probably thinking all her birthdays have come at once....pmsl

Lol hey guys, yeah I tried it yesterday for most of the day, but then i eased off near the evening as its very tiring! I cant beleive people can actually be like this cos i found it quite a challenge to be thinking about them ALL the time and decifering their every move, word and action...it was very fun though i have to admit.

i phoned her later on that night and even during the day she was replying saying are you ok? and are you crazy and even got HER to apologise to ME - its a miracle! Basically, she was asking why i was acting the way i was and then i gave some spiel about how i was feeling as if she wasnt being caring enough and she bought it...but then later on when speaking to her on the phone she kinda sussed i was faking it a bit and she said well if thats how you're going to act with me then i might aswell cheat on you...i found that very immature and tbh i do know she wouldnt cheat on me but i dont like the way she talks like that and does make me loose a bit of trust in her. The thing that springs out the most is that she got annoyed after one day, whereas i have been putting up with it for the past 8 months - so im gonna stick at it and make sure she knows how it feels!!

I think the funniest line though was when yesterday she was out in town i was asking her if she was alone, and she only repied with yeah im alone. didnt sound too convincing so just for a laugh i replied with "hmm cool, didnt sound too convincing but it doesnt matter, I'll be able to keep my eye on you when you come down to see me tomorrow" that was so funny...i love playing the clingy role, so much fun!!

LOL.

Clingyness and neediness is only unattractive for me and when it's coming from the direction of someone I aint that into.
    If it's from a guy I really like, I lurrrrve a lot of attention.
    And yeah I hope this doesnt turn out to be the case but so far shes reacting negatively than positively so its working so far...i just hope she doesnt twist it and start to enjoy it!

I've never understood why people are clingy, needy, etc and will text constantly either.

While I'm a person who likes attention, I don't suffocate nor bombard with constant calling and texting. And rather than be told I call/text too much, I get told I don't contact enough.

Sometimes I think it comes across that this female has you and exactly where she wants you, that she actually calls the shots, not you.
    For her to actually threaten you that she will cheat and you are still there, says a lot....

It says that you will put up with any old bullshit from her.

to be fair yeah i guess she does have me on a strangle hold. We've been through our fair share of troubles and due to this i have tried to break up with her MANY times. But every time i try it she begs to have me back, and then shes even tried to commit suicide a couple of times which just ends up drawing me back in. Its very tiring to try and attempt to break up with her all the time and its just so difficult when she does the whole suicide thing cos she knows i care about her enough to not make her take her life which makes me hate her in a way...

she always talks about marriage etc but i know i'll never marry this girl, like how am i supposed to be with someone my whole life if this is how they act - its so selfish. We're in a long distance relationship right now and she expects me to come back home after 3 months..but tbh i dont think i will be and thats when im gona break it to her...i think at least this way she wont try to kill herself as its not my fault really that we'll have to break up. I hope I dont sound too bonkers but i probably do!

Everytime you try to break up with her, she's gonna use the old 'suicide' attempt to draw you back in....she knows it works.
    Bear in mind that someone who genuinely wants to kill themselves, rarely talk about it or inform anyone that it is what they are about to do. They don't ring people after they have taken a few pills....they go ahead, do it and make a good job of it.

yeah thats true but there was a time when she actually took the pills infront of me when i tried to break up with her and i had to take her to the hospital and it was just very traumatic. I know shes messed in the head but its really difficult. Ideally, I would like to break up with her and still be friends cos i would love to see her meet someone who would actually make her happy and give her what she needs, but i get the feeling that would never happen and this isnt an ideal world....

yeah thats true but there was a time when she actually took the pills infront of me when i tried to break up with her and i had to take her to the hospital and it was just very traumatic. I know shes messed in the head but its really difficult. Ideally, I would like to break up with her and still be friends cos i would love to see her meet someone who would actually make her happy and give her what she needs, but i get the feeling that would never happen and this isnt an ideal world....
    Yeah right, she took the pills in front of you, knowing she'd be saved. Exactly my point, that she is just an 'attention seeker' who has no real intention in killing herself, else she would have taken them in private and to ensure nobody could save her.

I dunno Jag....you are always moaning about her, but it would seem you can't live without her either.

Awwwww.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast