+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex told me 'I'm so dramatic'. Am I? Maybe...haha

My ex told me 'I'm so dramatic'. Am I? Maybe...haha

(ooop, didn't think it's gonna be this long!)

I wanna know if I am being dramatic and also why he's got nothing to say about us. Not that I want him back. I am just mega curious that he doesn't mention anything about us or our relationship at all. Then again, what's the point?

Maybe this shows how men and women are different. Me being a typical woman, I am being emotional whilst he's cool as we are done now.

We broke up as I kicked him out after finding out his text messages, saying to a Thai waitress who was serving him and his mate in a Thai restaurant, 'you are gorgeous.... I'd love to take you out......' That happened about a week after he got back from his Thai trip.

The morning I read his text, I packed all his stuff and emailed him at work to move out that day. When he returned from work and his newly found love Thai boxing session after work, it was around 11 pm. I called a taxi for him and he left. We've known each other for 3 years, been together over 2 years.

I've gone through the usual stupid heartache which included nearly begging him to come back. It lasted about 2 weeks, I think. Looking back, how funny that was!

It's been 3 months. There was some stuff that I bought for our business which never took off due to his job. We were in contact a few times to get the stuff sold and delivered to him. I wished him good luck. That was meant to be the last message as I wouldn't have any business with him any more. That was the 1st week of the month.

Let's call him Andy, me being Leigh. And I am running an online shop, selling DVDs, Video games and others.

On the 2nd week of the month, I got an email from him,

Hi Leigh,

Got the parcel! Thanks.

Can you get this game?

(He added a link here)

It's going to be big! Might want to stock up on it. There is time. Let me know if you can get one?

I replied,

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the heads up!

Not sure - need to check it out with suppliers. Play or Amazon will be your best bet in price wise though.

I'd love to hear from you every now and then to see how you are doing but right now, I think we should just stop any contact. I think that's the best way for me to move on. Keeping in touch brings memories back, making me emotional all over again. Any residual feelings, I will soon live without. A proper no contact will help me do that.

Looking back, I've had a good time with you. It was a good experience that I learnt a lot about myself.

In the past, I was kinda afraid of letting a man into my life and living with a man seemed to be such a big deal. But it turned out I quite enjoyed it, making me feel kinda looking forward to it now haha..

All in all, I think we did pretty good, very tolerant in such a tiny place.

Hopefully, we both learnt to be a better partner from our experience.

You know, I still miss you and I will always want to know how you are doing and all but that doesn't help me move on so let's just wish the best for each other for now.

Hope to catch up with you perhaps in a couple of months or so...

Take care,

Leigh

And earliy this week, I got another email from him,

(A name of another game) is another good game.

Can you get either for me?

Then I replied,

Hi Andy,

Why are you being VERY selective in what you have to say without taking my wish into account? Nothing to say about us, right?

I'm not looking into importing a game for a while. Pound is so weak to make it viable. My current UK suppliers' price is higher than Play or Amazon price. I am staying away from new titles at the moment. Get one from Play or Amazon.

Hope it answers to your question. Now bugger off. hehe.. of course, in a nice way.

Have a smashing Summer. Refrain from talking to me for a while for both of us please. When you are tempted to contact me, remind yourself that you said 'I'm done. It feels right for me'.

Now, I understand you really want these games but please do not take my feelings lightly cos you want these games. Until we have any residual feelings completely out of our system, we shouldn't be in contact. You might be at that stage now. Good for you. For me, I need just a little bit more of time. A few months will do. Perhaps after Summer, we can catch up.

I miss your silly bum dance haha... but fading ever so slowly. I am nearly there as long as I don't know anything about you nor hear from you. Just remember I always want the best for you and out of you. Whoever and whatever brings happiness to your life.

This will be the last from me for a while.

Take care,

Leigh

And here is his reply,

You are so dramatic!

Ok no worries. Just thought I would help you out after seeing some of the DVDs you are selling..

Well, was I being dramatic? How come he doesn't seem to have anything to say about our relationship? Is he being a typical man, me being a typical woman?
    Last edited by oneandonly; 21-05-10 at 02:13 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes I think you were. He asked you about a game you brought everything not related at all into it. Maybe the first time you could have wrote it short and simple. Like 2 sentences. The second email you should not have responded at all.

Okay, I see.. Good to know that now. I tend to explain things in detail, business or personal.

Simply asking about a game like nothing happened between us was kinda annoying to me so I felt to explain to stop him...

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I see. I hear ya though it was just soo like WTH I didn't ask about that!? But yeah, if you don't want contact from him business OR personal ignore him entirely from here on in.

Yeah, you were being dramatic and because you took the opportunity to talk about your feelings, what you wanted and expect and added a few comments in which I'm thinking you were trying to tug at his heartstrings.

All he'd asked about, was a game.

Agreed. Sounds like the break-up was necessary. If he was comfortable enough to cheat so willingly then he was probably just not into the relationship anymore. He left without a word (though you didn't give him much choice with packing his things and all), so it seems like he didn't really care that you were kicking him out.

Now he's trying to keep things all business. Your attempt at creating an emotional conversation failed, and you still persisted. He doesn't want to talk about it. It's over. He cheated or attempted to cheat, and then left silently... A pretty clear indication that you made the right decision to kick him out.