+ Follow This Topic

Thread: boyfriend having the same relationship over again?

boyfriend having the same relationship over again?

so, how things stand is that my boyfriend is a few years older than me, and a little more experienced in the dating world.

he's my first out of high school relationship, and has already lasted longer than any other I've had although that's only 5 months and we aren't physically involved yet. He's happy to let me set the pace and respects my boundaries. I haven't had sex before, and I only want to in the context of a committed relationship.

I asked him the other day about his past relationships and STD risk, I had cause to think about it. one of the things he told me was that all his previous sexual partners have been virgins.

pretty much straight away I can see a pattern here that i fit into. what I'm worried about is that he's having the same type of relationship over an over again, that he's not growing emotionally, and his relationship needs aren't growing, that we are untimely doomed to a set expiry date once the relationship has become more than he wants and isn't meeting what i need.

I know you can't really give me your opinion on him, you don't know him, but do you think my fears are at all valid or invalid, is this kind of pattern something that happens?

How long did he wait before 'taking' the other girls virginity?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    some idiots are just like that I only sleep with virgins... honestly just go at your pace and do not let him have sex with you without a condom until you have seen his documented test results. YES HE NEEDS TO BE TESTED STILL.

When I was younger, I only slept with virgins. I think because I was so insecure, I scoped out women who were very inexperienced.
    Now I think about it, I was kinda twisted. I had the same relationships with all of them....and I always end them within 5 months.
    Then the final one I got stuck with, and ended up marrying for 12 years.

Alvy, i don't know.

girl68, don't worry i'm not going to do anything that will put me at risk.

Kaius, that's interesting.

thanks everyone.
    my heart tells me i can trust him, and that he's the good guy he comes across as.

..... How much older is he exactly????
    A 24 year old guy preying on 18 year old virgins is very, very inappropriate. He's absolutely the kind of guy your father warned you about. I mean, If I went after an 18 year old there would be only one thing on my mind. Crazy teenager sex. And that'd be all I want in the relationship. Mind you I would never do this because I'm not an insecure pig. I mean, I do know a guy who likes to 'conquer hymens". Or at least he did when he was in highschool.
    Are you sure he's not just lying to ease your mind about STD's?

I don't know but where I'm from most girls are losing their virginity at about 13. Most guys at about 16-18. I don't think its possible to find legal virgin here, so I'm very hesitant to see any good intentions coming from his side in regards to this relationship.
    though again, I'm biased based on my locale.

Cosmo,
    he's 24 and i am 20.
    it doesn't sound like an awful lot of fun where you are. i don't know what's normal but i'm not the only 20 year old female virgin i know around here, and 16 is considered pretty early to loose it.

also, like i said in my first post he isn't at all pressuring me to have sex, he's really understanding and he more than respects me for waiting until i'm ready, he never ever pushes anything physical, he usually waits for me to be the instigator in make-out sessions or asks permission to kiss me. i'm not worried him taking advantage of me at all, i think he's a really trust worthy guy and he's never intentionally hurt me, or lie to me. i'd trust him completely

you know, i'm really glad i posted this topic because it had made me realize how silly my worries were. he's great and i love him, what happened with a few other girls dosn't change that