+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to Mexico

Moving to Mexico

Email I was forwarded at work, made me laugh because its true.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear President Obama:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. Please print all Mexican Government forms in English.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico, but I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my housetop, put U S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

14. I want to receive free food stamps.

15. Naturally, I'll expect free rent subsidies.

16. I'll need income tax credits so that although I don't pay Mexican taxes, I'll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Government pays $4,500.00 to help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who walk over to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

You're the man!!!

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I wonder if the Mexican-American border looks like a tower defense game lol

I'm pretty sure if Mexico was a growing (soon to be become majority) English speaking white European minority population inside the country all of those things would be provided for them.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Nothing pissed me off more than seeing Calderon stand in front of Congress, trash Arizona, and be applauded by Democratic lawmakers for those remarks

The President of Mexico comes to the US, stands in front of our lawmakers, trashes one of our states, and they applaud him

FUCCK CALDERON and FUCCK THE DEMOCRATS!
    Was this Obama? Or a bunch of lawyer-whores. Some will say anything if it increases their bank account.

why don't we just dam up all the rivers, cut off financial resources, and build some slave camps on the border, then complain when they want to cross the border and be treated with some dignity? oh yeah, that already happens.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

pobre mi querida mexico.

The White Stripes-Icky Thump

Yah-hee, icky thump
    Who'd-a thunk?
    Sittin' drunk
    On a wagon to Mexico

Her hair, what a chump
    And my head
    Got a bump
    When I hit it on the radio

Red-head seņorita
    Lookin' dead
    Came to said,
    "I need a bed" en espaņol

So I gave a drink of water
    I'm gonna sing around the collar
    Well, I don't need a microphone

Icky thump, with the lump
    In my throat
    Grab my coat
    And now it's reckon
    I was ready to go

Yeah, I swam beside the hair
    She had one white eye
    One blank stare
    Lookin' up, lyin' there

On a stand in her hair
    Was a candy cane
    Black rum, sugar cane
    Dry eye, somethin' strange!

La la, la la la la la la la la la laaa laaa laaa

Well, Americans:
    What, nothin' better to do?
    Why don't you kick yourself out?
    You're an immigrant too.

Who's usin' who?
    What should we do?
    Well you can't be a pimp
    And a prostitute too

Icky thump, handcuffed to a bunk
    Robbed blind
    Looked around
    And there was nobody else

Left alone
    I hit myself with a stone
    Went home
    And learned how to clean up after myself
    Last edited by dewilliams2; 25-05-10 at 09:02 AM.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Why don't you kick yourself out?
    You're an immigrant too.[/B]
    This is one of the weakest arguments I've ever seen, I can't believe it's still being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    This is one of the weakest arguments I've ever seen, I can't believe it's still being used.
    Because there is validity to it. The vast majority of us are either immigrants or descend from immigrants. I have some Native American heritage but in the end the rest of my family arrived on a boat. At what point do we close the doors? What if they had said no to your grandparents, or great grandparents? Or mine?

You also must take the historical and cultural significance into account. The Mexican-American War which gained the U.S. much of the southwest was obtained through false accusations. American troops claimed they were fired upon on their side of the border but they were not....they crossed the border. Many Mexicans believe the land was obtained un-rightfully and that it is still in fact theirs.

I do not support illegal immigration but the current system is not conducive to make it a fairly reasonable process for immigrants who do not come from moderate to upper income brackets. We will take your doctors, lawyers, scientists, and other scholars...depleting your country of its most educated...but no...we do not want anymore of the uneducated masses...because as we all know, the immigrants who poured off the boats for decades in this country and who most of us descend from were the most educated people from their countries and they only left for a change of venue. That is why they came here to build railroads, mine coal, and work in factories.

The problem comes down to jobs. There aren't as many to go around and then people become angry when jobs are taken by those who have not been here as long or who they do not believe should be here. If there were plenty of jobs then this would not be an issue at all.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican%E2%80%93American_War]Mexican?American War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Read the part that says Opposition to the War and then read what Lincoln had to say about Polk's actions....even Lincoln called President Polk out on an unjustified war.

We invaded Mexico and then lied about it and said they shot at us...then we took their land.

I realize Wikipedia isn't the best source but at the same time I find the section I pointed out to be quite accurate. I could offer other references if you find yourself interested anyone is welcome to PM me about it.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Also...what if the next people we turn away are the grandparents of the next Bill Gates or other great mind?

His ancestors came off boats and immigrated as well.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Also...what if the next people we turn away are the grandparents of the next Bill Gates or other great mind?

His ancestors came off boats and immigrated as well.
    Legally.

L

E

G

A

L

L

Y

I've never heard a guy say "damn legal immigrants assimilating to our culture, paying their taxes, fairly taking our jobs at competitive wages!"

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The vast majority of us are immigrants, yes. The vast majority of us speak English fluently and abide by the laws and regulations put before us. When my grandparents came to this country they learned English, they got jobs legally and they not only worked their asses off, they demanded compensation for their efforts.

You want in? Fine. Enter legally. Work legally. Pay taxes. Get insurance. Speak the language the Constitution is written in. Same as all the rest of us immigrants. Otherwise, get the **** out. We don't need you sapping our tax money and diluting our jobs with cheap labor.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

frisbee you don't know what it's like to come to this country and work to become "legal." it's a humiliating process which requires a lot of money. people have to hire attorneys who charge a couple thousand dollars as a retainer. they want these people to know more than the average american knows about america. it is not very often that poor people have the opportunity to gain legal status unless they have resources here. such as a home, and a job.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast