alliteration aside, I've wanted to know what others have thought about the matter I'm about to write for this forum. Please keep in mind that the person in said case is a really nice person, but comes with flaws like the rest of us;

This nice guy (TNG) has been in a relationship with this girl for about three years or so. Its been on and off but they always get back together. Eventually he breaks up with her (for whatever reason) and decides they should stay friends. They talk for a while, flirt still and what not, but after a few months, she stops calling. Well she stops doing everything, no IM's, no emails, no voicemail, no phone calls, no nothing. She basically ignores TNG for about an entire year.

After a while TNG receives a phone call, and lo and behold its the girl. Back after completely staying off radar. And with news, she found a boyfriend but its not working out so well. And all the while with said boyfriend, she could only think about TNG, so she says. TNG being the naive nice guy, invites he back into his life. He makes such claims as "I love her" and "It's not like I didn't want to see her". She of course finds recluse in hanging out with TNG and so the flirting begins.

Now at this point you would imagine they would get back together, unfortunately, the girl still loves her boyfriend and decides to keep him tethered with this phrase "If you want to end it, its up to you". Imagine my face when TNG tells me this. I tell him to just close the case on this one. You might love her, but shes all about playing games at this point.

Even when she's over at his house they just flirt, they haven't kissed or anything. So why the game of cat and mouse? Is this girl really that insane? And I also blame TNG due to the fact that he enables her back into his life.

Thoughts?