+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get the guy you want

How to get the guy you want

So, how do you get the guy you want without freaking him out by just blurting out you really like him? I want a man's opinion on this. No offence to the girls, but the male brain works different. I want to get rid of being just a nice girl, and go for the 'that's the girl I want' fase. What makes you guys notice someone? What to say/what to do is basically what I'm asking.
    I know I'll probably get responses that I should just tell him, but let's be honest that scares men away about 90% of them anyway.
    I usually don't have a problem with this, but I don't see this guy very often so I need to 'work' a little harder.
    Thanks!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    F
    L
    I
    R
    T

with only him.

Yeah, guys like that feeling they get when they think you're only interested in them, like they're the only man in the world. I've known two guys who used those exact words to describe a "good flirt".
    Spammer Spanker

I don't think I'd be scared if a girl asked me out, it would be awesome actually haha

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've flirted and asked men out the only time it didn't go so well was when he wasn't the ONLY guy I was flirting with. (in my defense I was horny, ready and willing for either of the 2 or 3 I had my eye on at the time!)

I do flirt with him, but I'm not really sure if he's noticing it. So, I need to be a bit more obvious. I'm just not sure how. And the other problem is that I am really bad at picking up signals from men. Basically I have a small 'problem'.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What is your version of "flirting"?

If he's not noticing then he's either 1. A cabbage 2. Noticing but not interested enough to act on it.

Oh, that's harsh auch. It could be 3. I'm not noticing that he's noticing I think my first post here started with me being completely in the dark when it comes to picking up signals.
    What me idea of flirting is, well I'd say I become a huge dork.
    He has a weird sence of humour which I really like, but probably laugh a bit too much when he's on a roll. Then there's the whole eyecontact thing etc.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasmina84 View Post
    What me idea of flirting is, well I'd say I become a huge dork.
    Umm yeah no, that's not flirting. That's being a fool, potentially seen as completely immature. (depending on how exactly you become a 'dork').

Okay not a complete dork. I'm still able to carry out a normal conversation, and walk. It's not like I fall flat on my face whenever he's around, or drewl or anything like that. It just feels like I'm acting like a total dork. Does this make sence, it did a minute ago

But anyway...tips/suggestions on how to do this? As long as it's not the 'if you watch his pupils getting bigger you're a hit' thing, cause I need to be this ->....<- close to see that happen. Which is a good 2nd step, but not a good first step

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasmina84 View Post
    Okay not a complete dork. I'm still able to carry out a normal conversation, and walk. It's not like I fall flat on my face whenever he's around, or drewl or anything like that. It just feels like I'm acting like a total dork. Does this make sence, it did a minute ago
    That is not flirting that is getting all giggly like a little girl, and that is annoying.

What I do is laugh at his jokes, tell him he's sooo funny! And how you really like guys who can make you laugh like he can... Touch his arm with you can, link arms when you can, let him catch you checking him out, and smile when he does catch you. THAT is flirting.

If he moves away, doesn't smile back or compliment you ever- he's not interested.

You know, more times than not and if a man is interested, he doesn't await you showing your interest, he's showing HIS interest and then some more...

That's always the way it's been for me anyway and I think this is why I have the opinion that if a guy likes ya, you know he does!

The only time I ever pursued a guy, was when I was 17. Only reason I did was because I knew 100% he liked me, all his friends told me he did and he would hang around me like a puppy dog....yet he was shy, inexperienced, too afraid to ask me out. I didn't directly ask him, I got my friend to ask him to meet me and he'd said yes.

Just get your friend to quiz him or something. Friends can find out a lot

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    That is not flirting that is getting all giggly like a little girl, and that is annoying.

What I do is laugh at his jokes, tell him he's sooo funny! And how you really like guys who can make you laugh like he can... Touch his arm with you can, link arms when you can, let him catch you checking him out, and smile when he does catch you. THAT is flirting.

If he moves away, doesn't smile back or compliment you ever- he's not interested.
    Okay well we've established that all my explanations are to vague to comprehend I'm not acting all giggly like a little girl. I FEEL like a dork around him, I don't ACT like a dork around him. I don't have to work very hard to try and touch him. Apparently he's very good at doing that job for me, since he's always bumping into me trying to give me like a milimeter space between him and me whenever I'm in around him. Let him catch me checking him out needs a bit of work from my side. He always smiles back at me, so I guess that's +1 for me?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast