+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I dont understand..

I dont understand..

ok, so I'm an exchange student and I've meet this one Asian girl (who was also an exchange student). Beautiful, kind, loving, smart - pretty the whole package any guy want.

To me, I reckon we hit it off right away, we went shopping in Ikea, go have dinner together etc. Although we're only friends at the moment, a lot our friends think that we were dating because we were always together, we always bicker and she would be the first to put me down when I say my lame puns/jokes. I'm sure she knows I had a thing/feelings for her (usually i kept it to myself because i wasnt going to be around long enough for a decent relationship and long distant never really works), because one time, we went clubbing with some of our classmates (who were all good looking girls and a guy that none of us really knew except one person) - ok, i got drunk, but apparently I couldn't keep my attention off her. What I do remember is trying to dance with her on several occasions, but she (i guess was tipsy but not tipsy enough) wasnt going to do any off it (or her friends).

But recently she's been avoiding me. We both live on campus but in different student hostels (but the hostels are right next to each other). We both went to a formal dinner for students and I bought her this really nice necklace, really unique, real silver and everything.

On the way there, I pulled her aside and presented it to her. She looked really surprised and said no. and ran away (literally). Usually we had sat next to each other, but she (I'm assuming this) sat our friend between each of us. She then disappeared for some time and I later found out that she went to one of my guy friends about advice. He was telling me that he told her, he supported me and she should go along as I was 'a great guy' etc etc. I just wanted to give her something to remember me because I probably will never see her again.

Since that occasion, I have only seen her once (in 2 - 3 weeks) and that was only because a friend of ours forced us together - to go to the beach in a big group. I try to call her, but she always sounds like she's angry or busy, she doesnt reply on MSN or facebook. I dont want to force the issue or come on too strong. Apparently she broke up with her boyfriend over him taking her for granted. I dont want to make her my girlfriend (ok, I do want to have a relationship with her...in future, or if we had more time. I just want to get more brownie points), but I do want to give her something to remember me and I do want to make an impression on her.

On a side note, I'm 19 this year and she's 22 this year. Does age make a huge difference? I mean, I look older: 20 - 21, I can be really mature but i have tendencies to joke around and be silly.

I was thinking of writing her a nice good bye letter, giver her the necklace and get her flatmate or a friend of ours to pass it along because she seems to be avoiding me.

I think the age thing might be the problem here buddy, and also she just broke up with her boyfriend and you're coming on too strong with the necklace thing. I'm sure she won't forget you if you keep talking on facebook or skype or whatever. But maybe she just wants to be friends.

It appears as if she likes you as a friend. Maybe it's the age thing, maybe because she just got out of a relationship, who knows. Either way, you are too intense for her and are therefore freaking her out. Just back off a little. I wouldn't present her with the necklace. It's obviously too much for her. Concentrate on just being her friend without any conditions. Don't expect anything from her romantically because it's highly unlikey to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!