+ Follow This Topic

Thread: please tell me your honest opinion...

please tell me your honest opinion...

Hiya and thank you to all who take the time to reply to this...

My boyfriend died 5 years ago and i've been single ever since. Suddenly i meet a guy in a coffee shop and we really clicked and swapped details.

We emailed loads and he called me and we had an amazing hour long chat to arrange a date for next week, but we didn't fix a day. All day wednesday and thursday we messaged and emailed too then - - - he added me to facebook.

I accepted him, then panicked and removed him then i felt really rude a tried to re ad him but he didn't show up in a search.

I sent him a silly message and told him this whole thing by text about adding him then deleting him and he only replied to say that he didn't appear because his privacy settings were so strong and there were loads of weirdo stalkers out there.

Did he mean me? Have i put him off?

I texted from the train on Friday lunchtime lunchtime as i 'm away for the weekend.

I said:

Hi Rob, on my way home, not on email and you're welcome to call me over the weekend to arrange that drink. Enjoy your night tonight.

He replied: Knocking off early?!

I said: Absolutely :-) All officially pre arranged... x

Then saturday i texted him to say: how's the head? x

(as i knew he had a bit night out on friday)

He has not replied and before that he was texting me loads - it has now been 48 hours. This was my first potential date in 5 years and i'm devastated - what do i do???
    So - did i totally mess it up?

Everything was going great until the whole facebook thing!!!

He wasn't referring to you as a weirdo stalker.
    Maybe he broke his phone on his night out. I do it all the time. Sometimes rage, sometimes otherwise. Maybe he's a little busy.

Wait another day or two and send another text I guess.
    Women... They smell nice but they are soul murderers. - William Murderface

I think you're over reacting. When a guy is interested he'll text you........or when his drunken stupor is over.

Nope, he definitely wasn't referring to you as a 'weirdo stalker' - he wouldn't have added you as a 'friend' if that were the case, nor would he be in touch constantly via text. However, the whole accepting him, deleting him and then trying find him again was a tad strange!

He will contact you if he is interested, just back off for now, let him initiate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why did his stalker comment bother you? Do YOU think you are a stalker? Know your own mind and have the confidence to know he wasn't meaning you (unless he was--was he?).

You barely know him. For all you know, you aren't the only girl he's txting. Keep it cool, there are plenty of nice guys to date out there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh