+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why did she grab my hand??

why did she grab my hand??

There's a girl I work with and we always get on well. She has a boyfriend so i have never seriously considered doing anything. She is great fun, we make each other laugh and we have no problem with the occasional light touch of the arm etc. When we are joking she either grabs my arm or just leans against me. Sometimes she pretends to strangle me in a joking way if I say something to tease her.

Anyway one time we were at a work do and I went to a get a round in, she immediately says she will give me a hand and follows me. (we often seem to end up together). Anyway a bit later it was her round so I said I would give her a hand at the bar, as we walked towards the bar she grabbed my hand as I walked behind her which I was a bit surprised about. then towards the end of the night i went to get another round and she followed me again (I think I may have grabbed her hand this time but I may be wrong about that as I had had a few drinks)

Anyway we left the main group and we went back to her place (she had offered to let me sleep on the couch as her place was closer). We saw her bus so started to run for it and due to the earlier holding of hands I automaticcaly held her hand as we ran, as we crossed the road I then placed my hand at the small of her back as it just felt the right thing to do for some reason. Maybe I was wrong to do this and I would never have done it if she hadn't grabbed my hand earlier.

Anyway nothing else happened as she lives with her boyfriend, we just had a chat and I slept on the sofa. It's only now I have started to think about what happened and wondered why she grabbed my hand and I feel a bit bad for grabbing hers back.

I could do with a girls perspective, is this what male and female friends will sometimes do?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What you are really asking is whether she likes you. The answer is yes. How much, is anyone's guess. She's probably still figuring that out.

Now that you know the answer, what do you want to do with this information?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

And remember if they will cheat with you, they will cheat on you.

Seems to be so many men hung up on women, who are in relationships. Obviously few have respect for the 'relationship' anymore.....quite sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    What you are really asking is whether she likes you. The answer is yes. How much, is anyone's guess. She's probably still figuring that out.

Now that you know the answer, what do you want to do with this information?
    I don't intend to do anything, and I doubt she would do anything either, but I just wondered what it meant as it confused me. there is someone else who is single that is interested in me anyway now, I will be persuing this instead as I would never want to cause a break up.

Quote Originally Posted by sloanranger View Post
    I don't intend to do anything, and I doubt she would do anything either, but I just wondered what it meant as it confused me. there is someone else who is single that is interested in me anyway now, I will be persuing this instead as I would never want to cause a break up.
    Ahh what a nice gentleman. Shame there were not more like you

Thanks for that, I would never be able to live with myself if I did something like that. I imagine alot of what happened was alchohol reducing inhibitions but I'm pretty sure she would never do anything more as she seems a nice honest person.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Ahh what a nice gentleman. Shame there were not more like you
    My thought as well.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

She's rather touchy-feely with you which is a major sign of flirting but sometimes there are those that are just natural flirts, you know, they flirt without even realising it, pretty much like blinking! And like you said, maybe the alcohol contributed in some way. I would wait for a much more clear indication before making any assumptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!