+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Manipulation

Manipulation

What is the best way to confront a female friend about her manipulations when she might either be unaware of what she is doing or very defensive about it. A little hx. She left her children and came to our small city. Leaving behind a baby and a toddler and an adolescent. She claimed that she had to leave because it was abusive, yet she stated that she had continued to sleep with her abusive husband until recently. She claims she left to improve herself, which was to take a course to become a pilot but does not have the money to pay for her flying time. When I first met her, the first thing she asked me (literally) is how can I make $500 dollars fast. I became friends and things moved along to physical and I gave her the money. After that she dropped me cold and starting going after a male friend of mine I introduced her to earlier, to get a job. She got the job. She then apparently was inviting her instructor, who is younger than her, to her place for dinner. She passed with honours. Next she needed insurance for her jeep (which I paid one of her payments for) and when she heard my roommate was looking for insurance, she contacted him to see if he wanted to get insurance together since he would be paying for her insurance partly for helping him (he had a DUI and to get cheaper insurance, it's better to have somebody else put the insurance in their name and list him as a secondary driver). Next she went after another friend, since he was the best looking of the bunch. By the way, she was emotionally intimate with every man she connected with. You don't have to have sex with somebody to be intimate. So all of this I watched and it makes me laugh to see how manipulative she is. I overheard her fireside conversations with her new prospect saying everything he wanted to hear, saying she had all the same interests as he etc. I am not jealous because I found her unattractive after she dropped me. Funny how people lose their attractiveness when you get to know their personality. So I guess my questions girls, is how do I give her feedback about her behaviours? Or should I even bother. I find it all funny in the end and it's not so much that I am angry anymore, it's just that she is so good at manipulating. I see why she left her situation in her home town. She probably burned all her bridges there. You know in the end, I realise that her true colours will eventually be seen, so I do really need to do anything. But I'd like my money back. She said she'd repay me but at the time, thinking we might have a relationship, I wasn't too concerned. So I am just curious on your take on all this from a womans point of view and really like the idea that there is a forum for this stuff!

Don
    Canada

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You don't, why bother. She'll call you jealous, and a liar. She'll attempt to ruin your name and if she's as good as she is (which it sounds like she is) she will be able to ruin you. Ditch the bitch as fast as you can and run far far away.

She's a pathological liar and probably a sociopath. That goes WAY beyond high school manipulation tactics.

You're never going to get your money back. Consider it a $500 lesson in judgment.

In the future, don't trust anyone who would leave their kids.
    Spammer Spanker

I know someone like this, only he's male. Manipulator, supreme!!

True colours shine through eventually and she will do the same to others, what she did to you. Only the next time she will hopefully mess with the wrong one.

Wow. That's interesting. Just don't bother. Karma is a b*tch. She'll get what she deserves...sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You're never going to get your money back. Consider it a $500 lesson in judgment.

In the future, don't trust anyone who would leave their kids.
    Thank you so much, all of you for the speedy replies and yes I am distancing myself from her