+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

I had heard a rumor that my boyfriend had cheated on me (trust has never been an issue before), so I looked through his text messages to find that he hadn't cheated on me, but I did find that he had asked a friend's opinion of a girl he had met at a bar. I confronted him about it, and he told me that he had never met the girl before, never got her number, her name, or had a one on one conversation, but that she was just sitting at the same table and was just part of the group that went out. He said that it started out to be a joke, that his friend suggested that he should hook up with her, and it never got passed that. But what really bothered me is that he messaged his friend the next morning asking the opinion of the random girl at the bar the night before and why she was suggested to hook up with, as if she was still on his mind. I understand that we had been going through a rough patch at that time, but that is no excuse.
    Since then, he has made sincere apologies and has vowed to never hurt me like that again, or ever do anything that would make me question his trust ever again. I am still very much in love with him, just disappointed. A little while ago, something amazing had happened in our relationship (after the bar, but before me finding out about the messages), a type of love between the two of us that was just indescribable; the type of sickening love and affection between two people you would only see in movies. That love was completely and utterly him making me happy, happier and more in love than I have ever been before; and it was mutual, there is no doubt in my mind we were feeling it together. The love was real, and he says that he has never been happier and more in love than what we've had, and that that is all he ever wants in life anymore is to have that feeling with me again. That is what I want too, without him questioning other girls. And just to add on to this post, the messages were sent about a month ago and i just checked his phone recently. He has not mentioned her or done anything like it since.
    My heart is telling me to stay, but my brain is saying to leave to not get hurt like that again. What should I do?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would give him in another chance. People are fallible. You are never going to find a person that's not going to be tempted ever, or whose mind wan't wander from time to time. That's normal. It's also why you shouldn't read someone else's text messages.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Give him another chance. Im not actually sure what would make you want to leave if your love is this great, you were going through a rough time so he was just getting an opinion on another girl, but he never even talked to her. No harm done right? every guy has temptation, its just his ability to suppress it that matters.

If you go, there will be trouble.
    If you stay, there will be double.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

turgut Guest
    deleted by me
    Last edited by turgut; 04-06-10 at 04:00 PM.

I don't think it's your fault he couldn't keep his attention on you.

I think he just made a dumbass mistake. Don't let it poison a good thing. Make sure you fully let it go and don't let it turn into a resentment that will get in the way of that wonderful feeling you have for him.
    Spammer Spanker

How long have you been together?