+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lakers vs. Celtics

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Lakers vs. Celtics

Lakers are up.... Boston is going down.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Celtics need to get Bryant out of the game and they'll win. Go Celtics!
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

My Suns lost so i will be hoping Boston can make me feel better by winning..so far they suck!
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well with all this action going on... i'm addicting the forums and can give a rat's ass about basketball right now.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    102-89

Sorry Asip!

(well, not really. haha)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Go Celtics. I can't believe the Lakers made it this far. They got their asses whooped 2 weeks ago.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't really like either team, but I'm with the Lakers ... Boston has at least 3 hall of famers STARTING ... not to mention their backup point guard is a 3 time slam dunk champ and Rasheed Wallace is backup. WHAT THE HELL!?
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All that talent, and they STILL lost. hahahahahahahahhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    All that talent, and they STILL lost. hahahahahahahahhahaha
    Like the Lakers are somehow lacking talent and an underdog....?

Lakers are like the Yankees of basketball. Buy your way to a championship with a bunch of arrogant players. Not that Boston is lacking arrogance.

Phil Jackson is the best member of the Lakers. The man is a master of the game and capable of creating championship caliber teams wherever he goes. I would like to see him coach Lebron. James has heaps of natural talent and I think there's a lot more still dormant that Jackson could unlock. LBJ has the potential to shatter Jordan's dominant legacy by leaps and bounds.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I agree that Lakers = Yankees.

However, we had no heart last night. I saw NOTHING that indicated we wanted that win. The Lakers beasted us.

And some of the boys were commenting on needing better defense. How about better offense? How about making some of those 2-pointers, KG? Free throws anyone? Defense my ass. How many times have you seen Bryant sinking 3 and 2-point shots with a hand in his face? The man doesn't f*ck around.

It was like we were afraid. Ugh. Sunday.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lahnnabell can take a loss with class and dignity, rather than defensiveness. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Lahnnabell can take a loss with class and dignity, rather than defensiveness. Bravo!
    My boyfriend got offended when I blurted out, "We didn't want it bad enough. Plain and simple." He said, "It's not that we didn't want it..." I looked at him, eyes bugging out of my head, "Really? You show me when and where the Celtics actually went after that ball tonight and I'll shut up." He got real quiet after that. I didn't want to have a tiff over the Celts, but I was pretty pissed about the game.

The Lakers were all over us. If we'd been making 2 and 3-pointers, we could've easily closed that lead the Lakers had (almost ALL night). Kobe can sink a ball in his sleep for cryin' out loud. I can't help but be awed by him. I feel ashamed of it, but he's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Boston sports teams fuccking suck. I hate all of them
    You and everyone else. You're not special.

Actually as someone who watches sports quite a bit i can tell you that Boston has very good sports teams. Maybe not in terms of championships lately but if you look at Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins..they are near the top almost always!

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    The Patriots cheated their way to the top
    You should say something else that everyone's already told me 5 million times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast