+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being too harsh on her?

Am I being too harsh on her?

Recently I got to know this one girl at work, she is a real looker, a single mom, same age as me (late 20s), and we ended up talking for a bit.

Well, one day I asked her to attend a game, she initially said yes but couldn't make it at the end (reason: couldn't find babysitter). Then a week later she asked me to go to the beach with her friends and I went with a friend of mine (a guy), that was fun.

She then asked me about when is the next game, well, it wasn't until a week later that the next game would be held. But she again couldn't make it (same reason). She then asked me to go to a beach party, well, I initially said yes but I had to call and decline last minute due to work reason.

Then a week later she txt me about she got ticket of the next game and asked if I'm gonna be there. I wasn't gonna go but I told her I would. But at that game a week later she didn't show up, I txted her after the game just to see she was alright but never got a reply.

Well, then a couple of weeks later we ran into each other during work, she waved at me, I waved back, then she looked down as if she was thinking about something...

I didn't go and talk to her, I simply walk away. Okay, what was going on with her mind? If she didn't want to hang out with me why did she bother asking me about the game and stuff? If she wanted to hang out why did she stand me up and never bother txting me back (at least come up with some b.s. excuse)? Did she feel bad for stood me up?

Maybe she has drama issues in her life that she is afraid will scare you off, or maybe she couldn't find a babysitter, or maybe she's embarassed, or or or... Who knows, maybe you should just talk to her, lay out what your thinking is, and ask her if it is worth continuing to pursue her dating-wise.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Once again its the pride thing... If she feel that she want to be on friendly terms with me or continue to hang out with me she could have explain her problems to me, txt me or whatever. But at this point I don't want to go talk to her or pursuit her if she isn't prepare to talk to me about it.