+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why does it seem like only sex makes him happy?

why does it seem like only sex makes him happy?

Hello,
    I'm somewhat new here. Anyways I've been with my guy (committed) for 3 yrs in July, known him for almost 6 yrs. When we first met we were just friends or **** buddies. I ended up getting pregnant and he moved away for school and I never saw him until our daughter was 4 months old. We started sleeping together 8 months after that and then started dating exculsively after about 2 months. I'll admit it our relationship right from the begining was was based on just sex. He only asked me out because I told him one of my old internet bf's had managed to find out my phone number at my new appartment and wanted to know if I was still single blah blah blah. Once I told him that he asked me out right away. Our relationship seemed to be going pretty well. We're now engaged and marrying in a year.

Febraury of 2009 I found out I have Endometriosys at 20 yrs old. I'm now 21 almost 22 yrs old. It has affected my sex drive alot as I would be tired alot and when we did have sex it caused me severe pain. So to avoid putting myself threw the pain I used the excuse "I'm tired" and eventually our sex life went from 5-7 times a week to (lately) 1-2 times a month if we're lucky. Now i DO enjoy .. or I DID i should say, enjoy sex. But the pain just turned me off and made it very hard for me to enjoy it. He keeps telling me he wants ME to go back to the way I was BEFORE I found out about my medical thing and have sex with him the 5-7 times a week it was.

As sex decreased, for my medical/health reasons, he got whiney, needy, obsessive and down right nasty when it came to wanting it. Sometimes to the point where he didn't care if I said no and took it or attempted to take what he wanted without even processing that I said no, or that I'm in pain.He would and still does get very immature about me saying no. He'll throw tantrums in bed, pout, scream and yell, stomp around and leaves the bedroom and calls me selfish.
    I finally realized my birth control pills were one of the reason why sex hurt me ... I went off them for weight loss purposes and soon realized sex no longer hurts ... and now I'm more interested in sex and feel more sexual then I have been in a year. In the last year and a bit, I relationship has almost come to an end too many times to count, due to arguements over sex(among other things). And alot of it seems to be because he's to impatient to wait one night or whatever. He thinks and has said many times in arguements that he feels more "loved" when we have sex on a regular basis. When we do have sex, he gets very weird and says things like "See told you it was a good idea" .... and is all about him.

Why doesn't he understand that I have a medical condition that effects my sex drive and performance?
    Why is he only happy when we've had sex?

Cause he is a major asshole...the fact that he left you pregnant, doesn't want other guys to have you, doesn't understand you have a medical problem that hurts you to have sex, and doesn't understand no makes him a huge douche.

I have a severe urge to beat his ass. If you stay with him you are stupid.

Its the weekend...not a lot of posts get answered on the weekends but I can almost bet most of what you will hear will be about what I just said.

You are not selfish, he is selfish and he doesn't love you if he not only does not care you are in pain but then forces himself on you regardless. ****in leave his ass.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

dewilliams is right, dump his ass.

I've contemplated leaving him .... but I have no job as of right now. I've been a stay at home mom since I had my daughter. I'm in training right now to do daycare out of the home. My major thing is, is no job, how am i going to support my daughter and me? I moved 5.5 hrs away from ALL my family and friends to be with him ... to live with him. Although some family has moved 3 hrs closer I have no one in this town. He has MY truck in his name. My dad gifted me his old pick up as he bought a new one then Kevin ( my fiance) but everything in his name. When I've dumped him/threatened to leave ... he uses the truck and my daughter against me saying that if I leave he will file for full custody of our daughter ... and take the truck from me( i know it's stupid it's just a truck but it's my wheels to get around in, the car is all his I hardly drive it .. the truck was gifted to me by my father and I drive it 90% of the time).

By the way I'm 21 almost 22 years old , as mentioned before and he is almost 30 years old. A 30 year old that acts like a 18 year old

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i would still leave him. f*ck the truck and in most cases, you're more likely to get custody of your child. i've leave asap before all the bullshit hits the fan.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most men need to have physical affection from their woman in order to feel loved. He TOLD you this, and I see no reason why you should question it further.

Birth control pills are often given to treat endometriosis. Also, NSAIDs, in addition to other meds.. You should see your gynecologist because your pain is usually treatable, and you can't seriously expect a man to pretty much give up sex indefinitely. Would you rather he come to you for sex, or someone else? That is the father of your child there.... do not make the mistake of throwing him out over something that is treatable. Step families are very hard on children, and should be avoided if at all possible.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Geez you give some solid advice Vash. That step kids thread was so spot on.

I hope you're still around on these boards when I'm married, so you can help me with any marital strife.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Even if I'm not, you know how to get a hold of me.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I never expected nor wanted him to give up sex. I never even wanted to do it. There's no treatment for it, it never goes away I know this because I asked my Gyno about it and both my mother and my aunt have Endometriosys as well as a couple of my friends and other family members.It's genetic it can't be "cured" all the can do is burn off cysts and scar tissue etc and give you pills. I'm the kind of person that does NOT want to be on a diff pill very EVERY symptom. I don't want to be on a pill for fatigue, pain, etc. I have a pain pill they prescribed me for it and I take that when I need it ... and I haven't had to take it a few months and now being off my birth control I feel better( I'm losing weight and eating healthier which I believe is also helping aswell) All they can do is prescribe B/C pills for it. Well the pills were causing the unbearable pain during sex, I do feel beter after being off my pills. I went off my pills to assist in losing weight. I talked to my doctor and since I've been on birth control it's been hard for me to get to a healthier weigh and stay there, and associated it with my birth control pill. I have no more unbearable pain during sex and we are using other forms of baby prevention at the moment. We don't have the best relationship but we're working on it. We're doing counselling both seperately and together. But he believes he's perfect and contributes nothing negative to the relationship and that it;s all me. Accuses me of intentionally with-holding sex from him which isn't the case and I've told him many times.

I'm not using my medical issues as a reason not to have sex with him ... just cuz I can. I speak what I'm feeling .. if I'm not in the mood I tell him and all I expect from him as my partner is to understand and not push and whine about it. I mean there HAVE been times where I've been the one to ask him and he says no, and I accept it.

Why is it okay for him to push and whine about sex, even tho it IS happening more now and still act immature is he's told at 12am or so "I'm tired"?
    He thinks that sex is the ONLY way to show that you love someone. Well I agree it is one good way to show eachother that you love eachother but there are other ways .... he doesn't even "date" me. I just sit at home all day and cook,clean and maintain the house and take care of the pets and our daughter. When he gets home from work he does what he wants, and usually doesn't acknowledge I'm here unless he wants or needs something.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    umm... why did you start off by telling us that this was about the endometriosis, when in fact, it isn't even relevant?

It sounds like you are both resentful at being stuck with each other, and neither one cares much about the other's needs. You had better get your acts together. It is very unhealthy for your daughter to live this way. You will have to negotiate a frequency level that is mutually acceptable. Either that, or tell him to go get his sex somewhere else.

My endometriosys WAS the reason for the last year ... but as of the last I guess 3 months now, it hasn't been so much of an issue. For the last year and couple months he's been very whiney about sex and wants me to go back to the "nympho" i used to be almost 3 yrs ago. He's only happy when he gets what he wants. But isn't very understanding as to why I may be saying no to him. When I do say no to him he gets whiney and immature. He's 30 yrs old and if we get into bed for the night and he gets whiney about wanting sex and I say no, he'll stomp out of the room. He's threatened to dump me because I have a health issue that is affecting what HE wants. It does still make me tired or less active somedays but other I'm fine. I have more good days right now then bad days. My only bad days seem to be stress related. He'll blow up on me for something so dumb and little and I get so wound up and stressed out that I end up having an anxiety attack ... or I start having bad cramping etc which my Gyno has told me is my endo acting up because of the stress.

I'm not saying I'm perfect but sex litterally is the ONLY thing that triggers his everything. If he has sex one day he's happy and fine, if he doesn't have it the next he's calling me a bitch and stomping around like a little kid. People have even suggested to us together that we spice up our sex life ... go to the sex store and buy a toy or outfit or something and he will NOT do that. We were visiting my Aunt a few days ago and he felt the needs to unload ALL our sexual problems etc on her and get her advice ( he does this with my father, his mother and whomever else is around and makes ME out to be the bitch then everyone gangs up on me) and she suggested that we go to the sex store and buy a toy, she suggested we make a date night at least once a month where we go to dinner and/or a movie.

I'm not saying he has to work for what he wants but I would like once in a while to go on a date or feel wanted/loved myself. I don't feel for wanted or loved when he ignores me basically and then starts hounding me when he wants something such as sex.

I agree with the ppl above,dump him fast , plenty of other guys that will love you even if you have a child.Some may even consider making a true family with you.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

Even though this does indeed seem like the classic case where a nice girl ends up with the douche bag that knocked her up, I do believe that the two of you can work it out. The only reason I am saying this is not because I believe that this relationship is healthy, but because I do believe that trying to make a family can change anyone. Though you should know that unless he really loves you, your relationship will fail. And also, although it is true that guys need physical affection in order to better understand some emotions (there is no going pass that), but know that if a guy obsesses about sex with you, you are not the first person he has mentioned it to. Meaning, open your eye`s to whats going around him. I am sure that the both of you have been working hard in securing a somewhat "normal" statues within your house hold, but realize that he is more then capable of cheating on you. The both of you are young and are probably a bit dependent on each other because of financial reasons. Which means that love is probably not one of his motivations now. I guess that what I am trying to say is that you should be careful. Most guys are not so good in understanding medical conditions when it comes to sex. And since you are probably already living somewhat of a "beneficial" relationship, then I would sujest you start looking for an alternative.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It isn't your health issue that is causing the problem. You already said that it was resolved. Your problem is that you don't want to give him sex because he isn't romantic with you, and he doesn't want to be romantic with you because you aren't giving him sex. I think you are going to have to inspire him in some way to WANT to be romantic with you, and I don't think you should be stubborn about this. You have a child with this man, and it would be in her best interest to have her parents getting along.

In what way have YOU changed since giving birth to the baby? Maybe you should try to get back where you used to be.

This guy is such an immature loser, how insensitive can some one be. You're in pain and hurting and all this guy can think about is his sexual needs? I believe you can do a lot better without him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast