+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do women feel they need a man?

Why do women feel they need a man?

In my experience I have found some women believe they need to have a man to take care of them and also so they won't be alone.
    A lot of times this "man" causes more heart ache and grief than they are worth.
    Is being with a man like this a self esteem issue? Do some women feel than aren't worth much if they don't have a man?
    Isn't better to be alone and happy than with some one and miserable?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Women who NEED men often have self esteem issues. Women who WANT men (but don't need them) tend to be more emotionally stable, in my experience.

Of course, lots of men are attracted to needy women because they like feeling needed... it is their primary source of self esteem. (See Frasbee's Knight in Shining Armor Syndrome thread)
    Last edited by vashti; 06-06-10 at 09:16 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think I would like a woman who falls into the last category

Historically, women DID have to have a man. You couldn't exist as a single woman, living on your own, being independent. Once upon a time, women were completely reliant on men for everything except accomplishing household duties and raising the kids. Our society still perpetuates these old world standards because of how long they were in place. This is a cross-cultural issue too. You see women deferring to men in commercials and other media all the time. Yeah, most of the time they're joking now, but there's always truth to it.

This commercial is a perfect example of what you're talking about, AND a representation of how the media uses it to its advantage. Makes me wanna punch that chick. Although the guy is kind of an idiot too. It paints women as insecure and conniving. Why does she need to force this guy into forsaking his mother for her sake? So she can feel good about herself? And she one-upped his dog? Big accomplishment there? And YET, she can't compete with his beer. INSULTING! It also shows that men are stupid and can't be bothered to actually say the right thing for the sake of preventing an argument. He was happy to appease her quest for attention at first, but she crossed a line when she got to the beer. Shows where his priorities are, right?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Women who NEED men often have self esteem issues. Women who WANT men (but don't need them) tend to be more emotionally stable, in my experience.
    Agree 100% with this.

They are nice to have around, but are not a necessity for me.

I'm happy with, or without....and I know my life won't end, without a guy around.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Men can be very useful for sex, though.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

^^And changing lightbulbs Particulary in my home because the ceilings are very high.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They are also kind of nice to touch...

I think it's mainly because women AND men alike are born with the tendency to NEED another, not necessarily of the opposite sex, but since we are still in an ERA where this set-up is the NORM and biologically logical. There are also geographic factors and through the society that the women are exposed to.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think most people prefer to have someone on their side, it's a normal thing in life. Having a man on my side makes me feel happy and complete, I'm glad to have someone that I can share my better and worse days .Partner is someone different than a friend - I will not do exactly the same things as with my friends And it's nice to come back home where someone waits for you and I don't like to sleep alone
    I wazzzz here

We feel we need men because when we're eight months pregnant we can't even tie our own shoes. Blame mother nature.
    Spammer Spanker

There are plenty of women in the world who don't NEED men but like them, and simply keep them around for fun.
    Last edited by LailaK; 08-06-10 at 01:04 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If I had to do it again, I would totally do the trophy husband thing. Real, equal husbands are too much damned work.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

thanks for all your opinions and words of wisdom

Sorry, even with my phd I still need a man's company.......whats wrong with that? And the alternative is.... any one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast