+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this an ok text to call it a day? (We aren't going out, but we were trying)

Is this an ok text to call it a day? (We aren't going out, but we were trying)

Been going out with one of my friends sisters, wierd I know, but the friend is older and his sister was my age.

We've been texting for a good few months now, been out once for a bite to eat, been out for a run twice (i'm a personal trainer and she is kinda into her fitness) but that's it.

On Sunday when we were ment to go out and had it planned for weeks now, i text her asking what we were doing to which she replied (not word for word...) that she is out with her best friend for her sisters 18th, fair enough, i didn't say anything, never do.

So now I just want to basically say look, ok, we tried... but this isn't going anywhere.

But I still want to keep the peace!

Is this text ok girls, i'm after some help please:

Hii, instead of me just going silent on you, it's probably best if I say that, if i'm honest... we aren't going anywhere are we? So I think we may aswell call it a day x
    If there is anything you think I should change or add or anything, please let me know, i've e-mail subscribed to this topic so will reply as soon as I recieve the e-mail.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Young'un; 08-06-10 at 03:12 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have no clue what you're getting at... you're not even dating her. And if you are, what relevance does going out with her friends have?

We've been trying to go out and keeping in touch constantly, but I would just like to say that we've tried but it's not working.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    no need. if she calls then explain that its too hard.

Why would you even bother to send this text? Are you trying to provoke a response?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    no need. if she calls then explain that its too hard.
    So I should just not contact her? Well that was the complete opposite of what I expected a girl to say, thanks for being honest.

I highly doubt she will get in touch though, it sounds petty I know, but I always seemed to be like the one who wanted to talk/go out so don't think she'll get in touch, but I guess that'll show something? Won't it? lol

Thanks girl68.

No i'm not trying to prevoke a responce, like I said before I just want to tell her that us trying to go out, isn't working, but I didn't just want to cut her off out the blue leaving her thinking why I haven't text, just trying to be nice and think about her feelings... I know I wouldn't like it, but just thought i'd try "Ask a female" and see what you's would say.

If anything, the only responce I would like is "Ok, thanks for letting me know".

Might soudn stupid but I don't want to come across as an iggnorant dick, I actually care about what people think of me.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It doesn't sound like either of your were particularly interested. Don't contact her, there's no need.

Ok thanks for the advice.

I think you are pissed that this has gone nowhere, hence the need to send this text. To me it's a 'last ditch' attempt text that says 'It's make your mind up time, you either want me or you don't'

BTW, she will know it's gone/going nowhere, so you don't have to inform her of that fact.

Hi,

Not pissed no, but definitely a little bit gutted.

I definitely won't be sending the text now if it's goign to look like a last ditch attempt.

Thanks again.