+ Follow This Topic

Thread: lost and possibly delusional

lost and possibly delusional

here's the story:

My ex and I have been together for a year and change. We had a great relationship until the last few weeks before break up. He was my everything, and I meant even more to him. He was always proud of being with me, did everything to make me happy, dropped everything if I needed him, took care of me and most importantly made me very happy. I did all these things for him as well. After about a year of dating, we started arguing and fighting a lot, usually about stupid things. I think we were spending too much time together (we were together unless we had to work) which made us get on each other's nerves a lot. After a couple of months of constant fighting, and saying horrible things to each other, we finally broke up. I was devastated. I had to move out of my apartment, because I couldn't stand being there without him. He kept on talking to me every day, telling me how miserable and unhappy he was and that his life was going no where. I was miserable too, but I was more worried about him than myself. We saw each other a few times after we broke up, and everything seemed good between us. When I asked him about why he was miserable, he would tell me that he loves me with all of his heart and that I mean everything to him, but he just couldn't handle the fighting and arguing anymore. He told me he does not want to be in a relationship right now, and needs time to get his life together.
    I understood, and tried my hardest to stay out of his way and not contact him, because knowing myself I would have made things much worse, especially when I'm feeling down. I tend to throw everything that hurt me in his face. I didn't contact him or looked for him, I stopped hanging out with mutual friends, and going to places we used to go to together.On the other hand, he could never go couple of days without talking to me, and telling me how miserable he is, etc. Every time I would go out to bars with friends, he would find out somehow and flip out on me saying things like "so you're with another guy now, I'm glad, I hope he really makes you happy, I guess you got what you wanted." I never understood why he doesn't want to be with me if he loves me more than anything in the world, and why he flips out every time he thinks that there might be even a slightest possibility that I might be hanging out with another guy, god forbid dating someone.
    I have heard from friends that he talks to a lot of girls, and hangs out with female friends that I didn't hear of when we were together. To be honest, I hang out and talk to a lot of guys every day, but just the thought of being with someone else makes me even more depressed, because I love my ex and could never see myself with some other guy.

So guys, explain this to me. Why can't he stop talking to me and getting pissed of, because he THINKS I'm with other guys, yet he can't be with me, because he just does not want to be in a relationship now. THNXXX

Because he wants you to keep yourself 'clean' of other guys and wants no other guy touching you, for if he decides to come back. Men can't stand the thought that what he views as his 'property', is getting laid elsewhere. Yes and regardless of the fact he may not want to be with you..

My ex was like this, he didn't want me, wanted nobody else to have me either.

Tell him to sod off. What is good for him, is good for you.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 09-06-10 at 05:43 PM.