+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of boyfriends who are a-holes?

What do you think of boyfriends who are a-holes?

Guys, what do you think of boyfriends who are a**holes? Are you one of them?

Asking us to admit if we are assholes is like asking like asking the black KKK member to unsheath his robe...

Me? I admit to being a dick at times to people ... but to my girlfriend? Never.

It depends on the guy really, it depends on the girls self esteem and if she lets the guy think its ok to be an asshole to her :/

HAHAHAH. the way you asked the question is kinda awkward!
    who would like a boyfriend that is an a** hole? ><

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ???? why is this in the "ask a male" section? I've never had a boyfriend
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why should I think of them if I have decided they are assholes?

Strange question, I must be missing something.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by TheTooya View Post

It depends on the guy really, it depends on the girls self esteem and if she lets the guy think its ok to be an asshole to her :/
    You hit the nail on the head.

Guys can't be assholes, if the female doesn't and won't tolerate asshole behaviour.

If you have had an asshole bf OP, it's because you allowed him to be an asshole.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Guys that are arseholes are arseholes
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

They stink.

However, it's extremely annoying to nice guys everywhere that the a-hole guys seem to be more successful with women. Immature women don't seem to be able to detect the difference between aggressive jerks and decent assertive guys. On the other hand, a lot of nice guys can't seem to figure out the difference either.

Am I an a-hole? Generally no, but I'm capable of being one if pushed. Last Friday, a lower-ranking manager in a different department thought she might be able to order me around by raising her voice, but I set her straight in a loud, direct manner. So she probably thinks I'm an a-hole. Then again, I think that she's an a-hole, because I don't consider it a gender-specific insult.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

What do you think of girls who keep pining for their boyfriend after its become abundantly clear that he's an asshole?
    Spammer Spanker

I don't get it. >_> If a boyfriend is an asshole why is he your boyfriend?

As a guy, I personally hate asshole guys, the ones who treat women like shit, and hurt them. Not only does make me feel bad for her, but also it ruins the girl for us "dream" guys. Because the girl will be reluctant to trust other guys, even one that could be the "man of her dreams."

However, as a psychology minor, I know that they women are actually "hard-coded" to be attracted to "assholes" and "bad boys", but not necessarily because of law breaking, or treating their gfs like shit. Women are biologically attracted to men who display characterstics of leadership and independence, which is why it is said that confidence is so sexy. People often make decisions based on their emotions rather than logic. For example, if I were to guarantee you a million dollars if you jumped off a bridge into water, and also guaranteed that you would not get injured (logical facts), you would still be afraid of jumping, so you would be reluctant to make the jump.

With that said, it is also possible to display confidence, and the traits of leadership, without being an asshole. In order to do this, just display a kind of "go-for-it" attitude. Don't ever second guess what it feels natural to do and say. Don't be agreeable, if someone disagrees with you on something, don't just change your opinion because you like them. Another thing is that touching and physical contact will arouse more emotions than logic and reasoning. This doesn't mean you should hook up on the first date. I mean like, for example, instead of telling someone you like them, try putting your arm around them, holding their hand, or kissing them.

men are assholes at least some of the time.

I think guys are assholes because they see it works for other guys who are. Its a dog eat dog world, and if the competition are getting the girls of their dreams by being assholes, then well...guys think they should follow suit. That's the logic behind it, I think. I almost wish I could be that, but I'm too much of a nice person, almost to a fault. But that doesn't mean I lack confidence, and an assertive attitude, I'm just less jerky about it. Still, I don't have a girlfriend, so maybe I need to go the asshole route after all. Heh.

We're only assholes because we bumped into a bitch and from their we learned that its better to be assholes.

I wonder if a man sticks up for himself and refuses to be walked on, this would be considered being an asshole. I suppose asshole is a subjective word. You would have to define what you mean by being an asshole like what kind of behaviors and things a guy does that would make him be an asshole.
    Bitch is also a subjective word so I guess it goes both ways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast