+ Follow This Topic

Thread: *sigh* Am I thinking too much into this...

*sigh* Am I thinking too much into this...

So, my gf and I have been happily together for the past year and a half. Its summer time now, and we both have our own Summer jobs before our semesters start again (I am 22 she is 21, btw).

Maybe its just because I feel lonely at NYC when I'm not working, but I never really get the chance to talk with my gf anymore...

Almost every day she is going out to bars and stuff with her coworkers, which is fine... its perfectly fine, shes making friends with them (shes said apparently they are all in relationships)...

But I never feel like she is proactive in calling me now...

She does have work 7 days a week, and has kinda a hectic schedule (I think its 9-3pm, then 3-8 or 8-12 depending on her cycle)

We got into a small fight last night, but it ended with both of us making up, saying we miss eachother, etc... and she even said I could come over this upcoming weekend... I just called her a few minutes ago, she was out exploring Washington DC with the rest of her coworkers, was half-asleep, and I asked her again if I could come over for the weekend, and she snapped at me saying she doesnt know/ her schedule is busy and hectic....

*sigh* I dont know what to do, I'm sad, im lonely here in NYC with no friends when I get off work (we all commute from different areas), and I am even feeling rejected by my girlfriend right now..

Of course this is all explained in my point of view, and I am really sad right now, so I could just be overly dramatic... I just, idunno what to do..

You could maybe try to make friends? Or get involved in something, get a hobbie, go to the gym ( something to keep you busy).

Also, dont pressure her too much, otherwise you may just push her away.

Yea, I've been going to the gym. I've been a little too busy to be meeting people/ making friends... I just got a severe allergic reaction from getting bitten by bed bugs... @_@

I'll just take it easy, call her less.. maybe she'll call me more... and yea

Well, I feel kinda retarded atm :/

We were on the phone about an hour and a half ago, and I asked "skype?", and her response was "ok! I need to finish up an email and I'll get on skype! "

An hour passes, I finally call her again... shes with her friends at a bar/club again... And then she apologized about forgetting about me, one of her friends commented in the background "stop talking shes having fun!"... so I told her good night and hung up.

She called me back, apologizing for her friend and apologizing for forgetting about me, and everythings made up, I guess... she offered to walk home, I told her no, have fun, etc...

idk if I am over reacting being upset... I probably not overreacting here... but man, I feel like my feelings depend on what she says to me...

I need to get out and make some friends or something...