+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I asking for to much?

Am I asking for to much?

Okay first off I wanna say that I honestly do Love my girlfriend, and I can say the same for her towards me.

But my problem is, She just doesn't talk to me

Like, we will be on the phone.. and if I dont talk or start a conversation.... the phone will be completely silent! And it's kind of similar in real life but it's not as bad, I can usually get her talking in real life but its not easy.

But the thing is, when I try to talk to her about this and tell her how I feel about this, she totally flips out and goes crazy on me and it will just turn into a big argument... I tell her in the most nicest and non-rude way I can, but she just doesn't get it. And then she makes it seem like it's hard to fix this problem when it really isn't!

All I ask from her is to just TALK to me, I hate being around her or on the phone and not say a word to each other it really kills me.

It's always ME starting the conversation, it's always ME making an effort to talk.. it's rarely ever he , and I feel that she should be putting in just as much effort as me since this is a 2 person relationship.

Am I asking for to much from her? What should I do?

Please respond, thanks.

Seems a problem not confined to the phone alone but also a one you have in real life. Maybe she isn't a huge conversationalist - some people like to talk, others listen.

Has she always been this way?

I've had a similar situation in which I had to initiate the conversation with a girl that I was really into. She wouldn't talk, but it was because she was a listener. She preferred to listen, and it was also a matter of low self esteem. She didn't think she had anything of much value to say. Its a personality type, and maybe she's offended that you call her out on something she may be embarrassed about or something she may not be comfortable in general about. So just ease her in.

There are also people out there who just don't know what to say and they really can't think of anything to say so...they don't say it. Their mind is a tabula rasa. Heh.

If you start a conversation, does it keep going or does it just abruptly end with you having to keep it going or find new things to say?

Personally, I can tell you that I sometimes enjoy the silence, even when I'm with other people ( not as much over the phone though....), but I don't see the need in always talking when you're with someone.