+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bf doesn't take my feelings seriously

Bf doesn't take my feelings seriously

For example he always makes jokes that I must be due for my period whenever I am pissed off. When he says stuff like that it makes my blood boil as I think it's so incredibly pigheaded. When I told him I hate it and that I find it very very disrespectful, he made jokes about that too. Anything I talked about later in the day he would say "that's very disrespectful" with a big mocking smile on his face.

I don't know what to do. I feel like it is my fault. Over the years I have allowed a lot to slide because I hate fighting, and now he thinks its ok. It's all a big joke to him. If I get angry about something he thinks is silly he makes fun of me, and if I stand my ground instead of just letting it slide, HE then gets mad and tells me he doesn't want to be around me if I am going to be in a pissy mood, so I have to pretend I'm fine. I don't like feeling like I can't be honest with him about my feelings after so many years.

Should I break it off? I do love him and care for him but honestly... after all this I am not sure my feelings for him are the same anymore. If he hasn't changed now - in his 40's - does that mean it's never going to happen? And even if he does, will he resent me for it later on down the track??

Heh, he sounds a bit like me. Have you given him an ultimatum? "Keep this up for one more week and we'll see who's laughing when I break it off with you."

To be honest, that's incredibly rude and disrespectful of him, like you stated, even after you tried to talk to him about him he brushed it off. It isn't your fault for the way he acts, but this is one of those you should put your foot down about.

pretty pathetic attitude for a man in his forties, I'm guessing him and his mother had a funny relationship

This guy will most likely not change. Unless something drastic happens, like you break up with him. Then he MIGHT consider altering his behavior. He's obviously never had anyone call him on his bullshit though. I bet his mother told him the sun shines out of his ass too. Get rid of him. You'll be better off.

I have a sense of humour and can laugh at a lot of things, but a non stop piss taker would irritate the crap out of me. I'd have to dump his arse, I couldn't bear to be around him and if this is all he has done for years and still finds it funny that he does it. Time he grew up and acted his age.

I wouldn't stand for that. You're supposed to be the sweetest part of the world for one another, not the worst.
    Spammer Spanker

Well you have sort of groomed him for his behavior, even though that doesnt excuse it AT ALL. Since you've been "putting up" with this non-sense of his he has gotten quite use to treating you the way he does and because of that he most likely will never change. He seems like a really immarture guy to be in his foties......probably why he's not married. Cut your losses and stand your ground from the get go in your next relationship.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd call his shit and not so polietly as you do.