+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Kind of confused by it all.

k3s is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Kind of confused by it all.

So please bear with me with this long post, but I will try to keep it short and to the point. So i met this girl in school, and have known her for almost a year. When I just met her she would text, and call me, she would instant message me like crazy wanting to talk all the time. There were times where I would have to be invisible because it was too much to handle for me! But I enjoyed talking to her. Everyone thought we were going out, she would show signs of interest in me, but I would just shrug them away as her being friendly, especially since she talked about other guys she liked. But she even asked me to prom, and to me that was till her being nice. She would grab my arm and hold onto it if we went to the movies with friends, she would joke around and playfully punch me. Just classic sign of interest. But the confused and naive person I was didn't look too much into it. Then suddenly that all changed. I realized I was deeply in love with her. She enjoyed the same music, just in general a real connection that I loved about her. Bear in mind, at this point I have known her for almost a year, I didn't tell her I had feelings for her, but unfortunately she found out and things got awkward for a bit. But I worked through it and built back what I thought was our friendship. So moving from that I am still friends with her, but I have noticed some things. Even though she knows I have/had feelings for her, she will talk about guys in my face. Like that she met this guy and thought he was cute and that she should have gotten his number etc.. Then there will be times where we are talking online and she will post a a link and expect me to look at it, but if I do the same "she will just browse through it, or just have not looked at it." So it's one sided at that dimension. Then also the texting has stopped, before she would always text and talk to me on a daily basis, heck I even upgraded my phone plan so I could continue talking to her because I enjoyed talking to her. But now it had gotten to the point where she wont anymore, or if I text her, she doesn't respond.

So really females of this forum, any advice will be appreciated. Was she interested in me in the beginning, but since I didn't she moved on? And now that she knows I currently have feelings for her it's become something else? A friend of mine mentioned I have become her "safety blanket" but really, im just confused by it all.

How old are you guys? If you both are pretty young then i guess, may be shes into you to.My she doesnt know how to deal with the situation.

If you are older than 17 i guess you are wasting your time.Move on.Or just talk things out with her if you guys can get any alone time.May be you liking her,has confused her,may be she cant see you the same way you see her.

i hope things get better

k3s is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I am 19, she is 18. That is the thing, I have moved on, I realized it would be best to move on. I just wanted it to sort of just in some way go back to being friends. Talking again and such. But apparently that is even too much for her to comprehend. I want to talk to her about the situation, but it's difficult to get some alone time with her and she still believes I have feelings for her. The only time is online, but I don't want to discuss such a matter online, rather face to face.