+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Husband is trying to evict me from US

Husband is trying to evict me from US

I (28) have been married to my husband 6 1 /2 years now. Originally I am from Germany. We met when he was stationed overseas and after a few years and one Iraq deployment he wanted to move back to the U.S. (New York).

I gave up everything for him and followed.

But since Iraq we have had many problems...he was more aggressive, stone cold, and also not faithful. I caught and STD twice as well as the HPV Virus, which in 2009 caused me to have pre stage cervical cancer.

I was very ill for a long time, no sympathy from his side...I was just bothersome.

Now that I am better, I want out! But it is easier said than done...he is determined to keep me so he can continue "fixing" me. I am afraid of being evicted sinc he said I can just get back on a plane to Germany.
    I don't want to have to give up my life again, I also want to continue furthering my career and education here, since I did not obtain my degree in Germany..if I go back, then at least not empty handed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Provide some info and laws, links...any kind of help would be really appreciated!

Regen

All i can say is hope better times come for you, i'm so sorry
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

Are you a US citizen or here legally? If you want away from this man I am sure there are resources in you area that can help you. Your husband can't evict you from the US. Only an immigration judge can do that assuming you're in this country illegally or without documentation. If I were you I would seek advice from a lawyer. I am sure there are many organizations in your area that can help women in your situation. The best thing to do would be to use the computer to search for these organizations or use the phonebook. Good luck I hope things work out for you