+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I really need some help!

I really need some help!

Ok. So I have dated this guy James before for almost 2 years and then we broke up because he found someone else. Then he broke up with her and went out with someone else. When we broke up I was 16 and I am now 19. We still keep in VERY close contact, like he lives with me when he visits (we live 3 hrs away and his mom lives in the town I'm in). I really want to be with him again and I just dont know how to do it. Even if it takes a couple years I really just want him to be the "one". We still say I love you and the other day when I asked him if he still likes me he said "as a friend, right now". Does that mean that there is no hope?

I have already fixed all the things that made us break up in the first place, I have completely made a 360 turn around. So I really just need someone to help me. I want to be with him so bad and I really just need to know if you guys think I am wasting my time. Please help! Thanks!

You say that you fixed everything...but you can't do that. Fixing a relationship involves both partners (not just one engineering things).

Step 1: Accept the fact that you aren't solely in charge of any relationship.
    Step 2: Start fresh with another guy. Rarely, rarely, rarely...does someone meet the love of their life in a 2 year relationship between ages 14 and 16. Doesn't happen. Moving on would mean giving up on your youth and accepting adulthood. It will be good for both of you.

I have tried to move on but my problem is that I live in a town of about 2000 people and only about 75 of those people are my age. And those people that are my age I have known since I was 5 or younger so its basically like theyre my brothers. Do you have any suggestions that I could do in a small town?

I suggest you move out of your town and find some adventure. That's what I did.

When someone gives you the 'friends' speech, chances are that is all you will ever be.

And I did the same as Lahnna. I grew up and lived in a small village in the countryside comprising of a lot less than 2,000 and I moved too.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you're wasting your time.

I would move on...

Also, I almost said something similar when an ex contacted me... so my bet is that he isn't interested any more Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ericamarie View Post
    I have tried to move on but my problem is that I live in a town of about 2000 people and only about 75 of those people are my age. And those people that are my age I have known since I was 5 or younger so its basically like theyre my brothers. Do you have any suggestions that I could do in a small town?
    I grew up in a county that had 9000 people, the biggest town had 2,300 and the area I lived...the nearest neighbor was two miles away.

Tell ya one thing I did. I went to college in a city 150 miles away and it did wonders to expand my dating life. Now, I wouldn't mind going back to the small town, but I needed to get out for awhile. Small towns...you can develop island fever. All of your anxiety is telling you that it isn't enough to satisfy your curiousity about life. So, take a sabbatical. Move elsewhere and breathe some fresh air

youre wasting your time. move on. you have to understand that you guys were the past. dont hang in it. he wants to **** other pussy too. hes too young to settle down and be the man of your dream "the one". get over it and find another guy