+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving to Fast?

Moving to Fast?

Hi All,

My fiancee of two years on friday asked me to leave and never come back so I did its been a while coming now.

I moved from FL back to my home state of WV. Now during the relationship with my now ex-fiancee I kept in contact with a female friend that had been a girlfriend when I was living in WV in 2006 and 2007. Which my now ex knew about and was ok with.

This girl now has a beautiful baby boy who has down syndrome which to me is not an issue. We have been talking since friday and I think we have both realized that when we broke up in 2007 cause of my move to FL we never really stopped loving eachother.

Tonight she asked when I could drive the 3 hours it takes to drive upstate to see her and we could spend a weekend alone just me and her. All she is asking is that if we get back together I hold down a job.

Am I moving to fast after the breakup with the now ex-fiancee? What do you think? I don't want to lose this girl again I already lost her once.

Doesn't seem you are moving too fast to me.

You sound like you didn't give 'jack shit' about your ex anyway, because you mention no talk of feelings of her whatsoever...but proclaim instead that you never stopped loving this female friend with whom you contacted throughout your relationship with your ex and you don't want to lose her again.

So what exactly is stopping you, from going for it?

If you had been devastated over your breakup...then I would have given a different answer.

Well there was feelings but over the last year things have happened to make me feel like she was cheating she even told me she never told me the truth, would say she would be home from work at 3 and I was lucky if she was home by 7 and she always smelled like sex even though she would deny being with anyone.

Thats just the start of it but I have felt the breakup coming on for a few months now.

My Ex-girlfriend here in WV and I talked yesterday she is wanting to know when I will have the money to make the trip upstate to spend a week with her. We still call eachother by our nicknames. We never broke up because of anything bad we seperated in 2007 because of the distance after I moved.

I think you maybe need to pump the brakes a little. Your ex was your fiance, not just a gf, someone you thought you'd spend your life with. Also, this new woman has a special needs child with another man. I know you say its no big deal now but easier said than done, and I'm not even talking about the special needs part. Its not easy at all. Nothing wrong with re-connecting but don't rush from one failed relationship to another. Seems like the new girl is sort of demanding also.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

^Well you were cheating in a way and when you think about it. And by remaining in contact with female from your past that you still had feelings for.

You said that your ex was happy enough for you to remain in contact with an ex, but how do you know for sure she was really happy about it? I for sure wouldn't be happy in that kind of situation with a guy who kept in touch with an ex, lol. You'd have been history long ago...

Maybe she saw what you were continuing to do as cheating and she never felt truly loved by you, which caused her to look for the attentions of other men.

Regardless it's over now and you seem pretty much to be over it. So I see no obstacle standing in your way, in being with the female from the past. Not like you are carrying baggage over.....but you may be getting some :|
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 23-06-10 at 01:37 AM.