+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Girlfriend Back, help!!

Getting Girlfriend Back, help!!

Also if any cares here is some more background info to the story:
    [url]http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=4015[/url]

Well guys i dont know if you guys remember my story or not but bottom line it ended like this...things were going great for eight months then we get into a little fight, she starts acting shady, then she finally tells me the truth. She says she isn't sure how she feels about me and she said she was attracted to this one guy(they have known each other for a while(he works at a shoe store and she always buys shoes from him) but anyway she said she wasn't sure how she felt about me and said she doesnt want a relationship for now and thinks breaking up is for the best right now.

We have been broken up for almost a month now(haven't had any contact with her), and i have been hanging out with friends and trying to forget her but i think about how special she was and the thing that bugs me most is that are relationship was going great it was like 90% good and 10& bad if even that.

Well recently i spoke to her sister to find out how things are. She said she hasn't been acting the same as she did before and that she lies alot and has been acting like a bitch to her(the sister, while before their relationship was fine). Her sister said that anytime she mentions that she may have seen me somewhere, my ex go "crazy" and asks where and questions of that sort. Her sister told me the best way to get her back is be "bitchy to her" and pretend that im ok with the brake. She said she likes a catch(like the guy she is with doesnt want to be her b/f and is playing hard to get with her and it was kind of like that with me when she liked me and we first started dating.

My question is should i talk to her or text her, when?,what should i say?, how can i get this girl back?(she means to much to me to let her go) please help!!
    Last edited by nfgfan; 13-10-04 at 10:45 PM.

...my honest opinion goes like this.

This girl, from what little you have mentioned of her, really doesn't seem like the best person. She seems like your ordinary fickle girl that can't make up her mind. And those are the ****ing WORST...i think i'd wait for her to come to you. When she does that shows that she's chosen what she wants

i personally would just stay away from her, but you said she means a lot to you, so i wont ask you to do that

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

I cant let her go, ive tried and nowing how special she is i cant do it...but to my question,
    Do you guys think i should wait longer before i speak to her, if i speak to her soon and tell her "im ok with the breakup" and tell her i want to be friends be a better way for m to get her back or will it make things worse, should i tell her how i still feel(only worry of that is that ive read posts that when someone still loves someone and is kind of begging the girl back and making her him/her think that they can always get back with them makes things worse), somebody, please help...!

**also side note*** to STEVE2004 commment, as far as her being foolish and knowing what she wants. She is a good person honestly,and before me she had a two year relationship, and during the relationship she realized that after being with me she realized she didnt really love him...but anyways the point of this post is just to say i dont think she would make this mistake two relationships in a row.

sorry for all the post guys, but one more thing, do you think it might be a good idea to show her some of the post from this forum where people have been, "not how they feel about someone" and then realize later that they were confused or didnt no how much the person ment to them until they lost them, because i honestly think that is the case with my ex and me, (btw like stated above, i am still yet to speak to her since are break up)

Fickle

I had a girl like that. I met her when she had a boyfriend of two years and when being with me she no longer thought about him and was not sure she wanted to be with him. We got together and fell in love. After five months of bliss, she met another guy and started dating him. Be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by nfgfan
    **also side note*** to STEVE2004 commment, as far as her being foolish and knowing what she wants. She is a good person honestly,and before me she had a two year relationship, and during the relationship she realized that after being with me she realized she didnt really love him...but anyways the point of this post is just to say i dont think she would make this mistake two relationships in a row.

If your thinking she got with me as a rebound of him, she started dating me maybe a half a year or maybe longer then that after they broke up and they had a messy relationship were he cheated on her and they fought(verbaly) during the first couple of months of our relationship she had brought things up about him and after she got them out she never brought him back up and seemed like he was definatley nothing but a memory in her life...but thats not the point, can somebody please help me with the orginial question, i dont mean to be rude but there is nothing that anyone can say to change my mind rather then i will have to go through the experience and learn from my own mistake if thats the case

I think what Timothy was trying to say is that she might be one of those people who likes the "high" of a new relationship and bounces from one to another.

How old are you guys btw?

im 18 as is she(we're both in college(but both near by, we both still live at home), and i understand you that i am young, but i also know how my heart feels and this girl is to special to let go, on this one i have to follow my heart, i need to do this my way, this why i have been asking for advice

Actually, I was asking to get more of a handle on her actions.

As she's 18 I would guess that she isn't really sure what she wants/enjoys the adrenalin rush of a new relationship/the chase and I'm don't really think you can do much.

If she was my age or a bit older then I would guess that there were issues that you could talk through.

That's why I asked

ok...sorry didnt meant to be rude, im just looking for advice on how i should go about getting her back

no worries.

The only thing you can do is carry on with your life & making yourself a better person. That way she'll either think she's made a mistake or she won't but you'll be a better person for it.

SOrry not to be anymore help I just don't honestly think you can make someone change their mind.

when do you guys think i should talk to her(its been almost a month now) and its not that im trying to change her mind but rather relaize her feelings or at least for her to make up her mind and give me a striaght answer

If you love her and you still think that she still loves you then call her. You're not going to get anything unless you do something about it. The only thing now is to prove to her that you're a better person than the other guy she's attracted to. If she truly loves you, she'll be with you and not the other guy. Maybe I don't know the exact details on what happened to both of you but do what your heart tells you to do. Good luck!

I think you're SOL. Sounds to me like she'll date this other guy and get bored of him in a year and do the same thing to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast