+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My GF has gained weight, how can I get her to realize it w/out hurting her?

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    He should pay some stranger to tell her that she's fat.
    Okay, that's kind of a good idea. It sounds cruel, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be. Maybe a personal trainer at her gym could be paid to tell her that she's clearly gained weight instead of losing it since she started working out there and offer to cut her a deal on some training.
    Spammer Spanker

Too bad he can't just use inception to plant the thought in her mind.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Too bad that *some* women have issues with the truth. She's fat so tell her she's fat, if women really dont want to be told they are fat/put on weight, then dont put on the weight!!!!

The only excuse for putting on weight is ill health or pregnancy.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I like women that are full figured.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

It's not nice of you to try and ruin his relationship Qwerty. From what I've read, he doesn't want to break up with her, therefore he should not tell her that he thinks she's fat. Their relationship probably won't survive it. Most women just aren't as sensible as you.

On a side note, I gained a lot of weight (20lbs) since I've been with my boyfriend mainly due to my birth control. I'm working out 4-5 times a week, and altering my lifestyle drastically to get back to the size I was before the pill (I've lost 10 of those lbs). Bottom line, I'm irritable, I'm mad, and I'm f*cking hungry. If my boyfriend had the nerve to be "honest" and say one negative thing about my weight, I'd rip his d*ck off.

To each her own.
    Last edited by LailaK; 07-08-10 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    He should pay some stranger to tell her that she's fat.
    OMG, it's so brilliant and disturbingly f'd up at the same time. However, there's very, very, very high potential of it backfiring in a very ugly way someday. I'm picturing in the form of blackmail from the paid "stranger."

"Gimme $100 every week for the rest of your life or I'll tell her you paid me to do it in the first place. Thanks."

Just say Honey you need to drop some weight.

Tell her she looks like an overblown pufferfish.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Tell her she looks like an overblown pufferfish.
    Dopp, shush. Weren't you JUST complaining about people posting unhelpful responses on your thread?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    Too bad that *some* women have issues with the truth. She's fat so tell her she's fat, if women really dont want to be told they are fat/put on weight, then dont put on the weight!!!!

The only excuse for putting on weight is ill health or pregnancy.
    To be fair, this is not a struggle many type 1s would have any knowledge of. Lots of young diabetic women mess around with their insulin for weight control reasons (very, very bad idea in the long run, though) making weight control effortless, which is an option unavailable to most women.
    Last edited by vashti; 07-08-10 at 08:37 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    To be fair, this is not a struggle many type 1s would have any knowledge of. Lots of young diabetic women mess around with their insulin for weight control reasons (very, very bad idea in the long run, though) making weight control effortless, which is an option unavailable to most women.
    Do you mean they actually give themselves more ins than they need?? Never heard of this if so. Yikes.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Well I hope you are not implying thats what I do. Cause i dont and never have and never will. I wouldnt put my long term health at risk for the sake of a few pounds in weight. I have only been type 1 for 3/4 years, prior to this I never had any weight issues either.
    My sugars are unstable, for 3 years I have tried and tried and tried to live a healthy life, most days I wake up and wonder if today is going to be the day that I crash too quickly for me to do anything about it in time.
    I know that some type 1's do use this method and it angers me, more so because they are too stupid enough to look ahead to the long term affects.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Do you mean they actually give themselves more ins than they need?? Never heard of this if so. Yikes.
    It's the not taking insulin that causes weight loss. Diabetics that do this tend to start off by lowering their dose until they end up skipping it completely.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm just trying to understand the mechanism, Q. So, by taking a low/no dose, any sugars they eat are not absorbed by the body. So they are at risk of hyperglycemia (high blood glucose), which can be toxic, but while experiencing hypoglycemic symptoms. Am I getting this right?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thats basically it, by not taking insulin its stopping the body removing sugar which is heading for hyperglycemia (symptoms of which tend to be along the lines of fatigue, drowsiness, hunger and general feeling rubbish)
    Hypoglycemia is having a sugar crash, or taking too much insulin with already low sugars (the symptoms are <typically for me> sweating, palpitations, dizziness and confusion)

Having a hypo is an immediate danger as its easy to fall into a coma if they crash too low, whereas hyperglycemia causes more long term damage to organs etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast