+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LoveForum

LoveForum

So I came here to LoveForum.net in July of 2005 if I am reading the timestamp correctly. I came here not long after college with a heartache. My girlfriend of 4-5 years had a post-college had a meltdown, dumped me, and moved back home to the trailer park. I of course came here for advice on the situation, learn the no contact rule, and to get things off my chest. Naturally that relationship couldnt be saved, she threw away her career, got knocked up, and basically hasnt done anything with her life. We still talk from time to time, just as I do with all my past girlfriends (strange I know).

A year or two after that, LoveForum helped me yet again. I was living with a Jackyl-Hyde kinda bitch with which I lived and fought with for a good year. One day, while I was at work, she packed her things and left. It wasnt a surprise, my gut told me something was up. Anyway, so throughout that process, I relied on LoveForum as a source of emotional therapy. Despite knowing it was for the better, I still fought to save the unsavable. BTW, she met someone online, got knocked up as well, married as a result, and is doing a lot better than my girlfriend before her. We remain successful business partners to this day.

In between these events, I came to LF as often as I could to help others. I lead a very busy life, but I like to think I've offered at least as much advice as I have received. Not everyone has appreciated my blunt approach to relationships, but I believe wholeheartedly in everything I have ever posted here. Do people want to hear it like it is? Not usually, but that doesnt change how it really is.

Most recently, in just the past month, I have again come to LF again for some help. In this instance, however, things were much more positive. I first sought opinions on asking a father/mother for their blessing. I then asked for advice on some engagement rings I was looking over. On both counts, the advice I got was yet again spot-on.

Last Thursday I drive 1.5 hours to visit my girlfriend's father. He gave his blessing and advised I not consult the mother, who was at work, as she could not keep a secret. (From what I'm told, it was almost as hard for him as those who saw him that day report he had a very strange vibe all day long). Anyway, I had picked out a beautiful ring thanks to the help of LF and on Friday I popped the question. Although we never officially discussed marriage, as I would always change the subject, I was confident she would say yes, and she did.

I felt it fitting, to post an official post here on LF. Not about my engagement per say, but on my experience here on LF. For all those who I've interacted with over the years, Thank you, its been a pleasure. For those of you new to LF, stay open minded, believe it or not most people here know what they're talking about.

Is this my last post? Certainly not. Hopefully, however, I will never find need of the Broken Hearts Forum again.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Congrats with the engagement Tavs! I have a feeling everything will go well for you.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Glad that LoveForum was such a helpful place for you over the years. And congratulations on the good news!
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Congrat, TAVS~
    Feel very happy for you. You are one step to next phase of your life, i guess.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yup, i also try to stay out of the broken hearts area.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

TAVS-------Woohoo, what an update. Congratulations! All the very best!

I wish Tone were here to see this.
    Spammer Spanker

Congrats to the OP!

I wish I had LF to consult with after my 1st relationship.
    Wait. The internet didn't quite exist then.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I wish Tone were here to see this.
    i guess you haven't heard of his latest screen name huh?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Illusional------Tone is around? In disguise?

Congratulations! It's good to hear that things have worked out well, and it's a good example of how websites like this really do help.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i guess you haven't heard of his latest screen name huh?

raverboy
    Nope. Is Beast-Man here?
    Spammer Spanker

Bit of a followup if anyone cares. We got married June 18th, had a wonderful outdoor ceremony in the mountains and a fantastic reception to follow. Despite pouring rain the day before and snow just a day after, someone must have been watching over us.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Hey tavs! i did not see your post until today. last year when you posted i had a one week old baby that i was frantically taking care of.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! i'm happy for you guys and glad you're back.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Congratulations, cowboy! I can't wait to hear there are little cowboys and cowgirls running around!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast