+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I tell her I'm depressive?

Should I tell her I'm depressive?

About 6 months ago my ex gf dumped me after having a relation of 8 months. Shortly after we broke up she was introduced to an other guy by her sister. my ex gf is having a relation with him at the moment.

Since break up we've been in NC for a few months. And since a week we are communicating by email. I told her I'm doing fine and I'm enjoying going the weather and the gym. I do enjoy those things but at the same time I'm very depressive due to the fact I lost my job recently and I'm missing her like crazy.

I'm still hoping for reconcilation someday in the future if she ever becomes single again. But then again why would she pick me.. she knows a lot of other guys.

Anyway should I tell her the truth that I'm depressive? I hate lying to her. But then again I may look pathetic and blow my chances for good with her. (if there are any chances). What do you think?

Ps. I've dated an other girl since my ex gf. But I still feel way too much for my ex.

No, you don't. You don't owe her anything right now. She is your EX gf. I doubt I want my ex bf to know I was depressive after the break up because of her & some other issues.
    To reminisce won't bring you back, just look ahead and hold on tight.

I would refrain from saying anything. If you don't get the response you are hoping for you will only feel worse.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Feeling love for a girl isn't like the romance movies. Just explain that your life isn't the same without her anymore. If you feel like you fell in love with her and those feelings are still there, ask her what you could improve on and tell her that you want another shot with her. If she's happy with the guy, figure out a way to win her back. Be a man dammit!

She's dating other people because she has moved on. You're looking for sympathy from her and honestly, thats no good. A lot of us get a lil depressed after a relationship breakdown, but its not the end of the world. Occupy yourself by looking for a JOB and hitting the gym like you've been doing. Time will take care of the rest.

Stop thinking you'll get back together because most often times it never ends up happening anyway. I know it's pretty frick'n hard not to help but think of the chances but what does it end up doing to you? What is your main goal when you contact her? Hoping she'll change her mind and take you back? You know it hurts you, gives you hope and makes you even more lonely so why do you do it? This is a strong feeling you're fighting and nobody said the road to recovery was an easy one. It's like your fighting an addiction and yours would be your ex-girlfriend. Keep doing the things that make you happy because it is possible to be happy without your ex-girlfriend. You have to WANT and TRY to be happy and not do these things for somebody else so you can win them back. If I were you I'd return to no contact (letting her know since she'll wonder why you are not contacting her anymore) for as long as it takes until you are completely over your ex-girlfriend and then if you want to contact her again you could try. Again just get away from this nightmare and TRY to enjoy life as hard as it may be right now.

You broke up for a reason and she has moved on. You haven't yet which is why you still value her opinion and look to contact her. It is up to you if you tell her or not, but either way it won't change her decision if she will come back to you because she has already moved on. You need to do the same.
    I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

its better if you don't tell her try to move on and focus on yourself or might get hurt all over again!