+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ring expectency??

ya.. i think it will.. but.. i just feel like.. some one telling me.. " you cant have children"
    and since she wants to act her age.. and party.. or out.. whatever, shes going to want me to come, and, im not for that stuff. like i said, im really focused on my future, so, im trying to save my money, i want to start a small business, and i dont want to waste my future away partying. If i dont think about my future who will? ya know? and i worry about, what if my cancer comes back? then what? no future, no family, no life.. but, i think shes just needs to grow up ALOT.. and the ring wont be important, or i hope it wont..
    im a mess

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well it seems that you're ready for the next stage in your life. me?? i'm no where near getting marrage so i just hope that this all makes sense..muhahaha

personally if i were you, being in your accident and feeling that you almost died, i would think twice about things. you said that you're done with all the partying in your life, and you're ready to settle down. LIFE is short and it waits for no one. meaning that maybe you shouldn't either. i would really think about where you're headed in your life, and what you ultimately want from it. if you want a family NOW then maybe you're with the wrong person. right now, n/m about the stupid ring. it's only material thing, you can always buy another ring, or rather find another girl that is willing to love you no matter your ring size. (you won't hear that everyday) but honestly, if you're willing to put to the time and effort into looking for another girl, that is up to you, however if you really wanna rush the family life, you're gonna have to stick it out with this one. think it over.

as my tat says. "live for the moment"

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    A man's biggest step is acknowledging the fact hes made a decision to committ to one woman
    Except for the men who would only want to be with one woman, regardless. We're not all interested in casual sex, clubbing and superficial relationships

i think that you need to reevaluate this relationship. i mean you have seen the side of life where it has almost been gone you have overcome all kinds of adversity and that to me is ****ing admirable not oh i want a big fat diamond ring & i wont be happy unless i have that. but like u said before you feel that life is short and to be honest it is and she wants to enjoy life have fun that is ok too, but there is no need for selfishness!!! think about this before moving on.

Couldn't agree more with everything everyone's said.

And also if I saw a ring I liked & the guy couldn't afford it & I really wanted it then I'd damn well save up for it (I know it sort of defeats the point of an engagement ring but I don't think the guy should be made to pay more than he can afford on it)

Yes good point. If she wants a big ring then fine as long as she's willing to chip in - unfair and selfish if she expects you to pay for it.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

I agree with all of the above....

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

You guys are awesome.. I love you guys.. Really good points and ideas, I love food for thought! well, I will use some of your points when I talk to her.. Tank you SOOOOO much!!!

Let us know how it goes.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

welcome anytime luck

yeah keep us informed.... good luck!

I don't know. First off, I think it's not a very wise idea to be buying a ring (A) that young and (B) when your with someone for that little time. But if you're determined, whatever. I can't FORCE you not to.

I have a very "black and white" mind. I don't really like grey areas, and I'm an honest person and hate beating around the bush. If a girl said something like that to me, I'd say it's an easy fix. "Fine. If you want a ring soon, it won't be a big one. If you want a big one, you're gonna have to wait while I save up." Very simple. Option 1 or option 2.

Rod Steele

10 months... thats nothing... definatly dont get married so early at 21... not to be like.. telling you what to do, but at 21.. just have fun and party lots. also.. sayign shell be dissapointed with a small ring? tahts horrible... i mean i have a horrible taste in jewelry, but my ex loved it when i got her stuff, its really the thought that counts..

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    don't get back to me, UNLESS she has bought you a new car. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    don't get back to me, UNLESS she has bought you a new car. raverboy
    yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i so agree. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast