+ Follow This Topic

Thread: re entering the dating scene

re entering the dating scene

Hi there everybody, first time so please be gentle.

I'm recently divorced and am ready to start dating again but have little or no idea how to go about it so am looking for some advice from women.

I'm in my mid thirties, am still in reasonable shape, have a sincere heart (though it's been hurt, it is on the mend), I don't have any hang ups or baggage I think. So I consider myself a reasonable propersition for any woman looking for a relationship, I'm not really interested in flings or casual sex but would rather find someone to bond with on a deeper level, perhaps quality over quantity sums it up. I've never been the type of guy who easily picked up women and if fact the vast majority of women I've ever been involved with are ones who took the inititive with me.

So my question is, where to start and how to go about it. Broard I know but I think the pub/club scene is not for me because I'm a bit of a wall flower, so I'm asking where else do single women go to meet guys? There are no women where I work, I do sosialise at sporting clubs but again mostly guys are present and very few single girls.

I've fallen off the horse and need some help getting back on, anyone willing to give a hand up?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'll give you a hand for the right price
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I'm only looking for some tips from the female perspective, not sure what you're suggesting

I see how you would find it hard to meet anyone if there is no one around work or sporting clubs. But you could meet up with friends or colleagues for dinner/lunch and might find someone wherever you eat, or maybe go to the pub with them. Has anyone got any single women to introduce to you? You say you go to sporting clubs, do you go to a gym? Thats always an option to meet other people. Generally i find when your looking for someone no one special ever comes along, but if you stop then the right person will turn up in the most unlikely of places.
    I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Generally i find when your looking for someone no one special ever comes along, but if you stop then the right person will turn up in the most unlikely of places.
    I've found this to be true in my experience. I 'never' look...they find me ...lol

Online dating is pretty good for people looking to get serious, just avoid the sites usually used for hooking up. The spendier sites are worth the money, I've been told, like match and eharmony. I have a couple of friends who met their husbands on these.
    Spammer Spanker

I'm a guy so perhaps my comments don't count but dating websites -0 when you can find the good ones - are great. I left ex OH in Feb, had a few dates then found current GF by internet - lucky accident - but dating websites get you 'out there' which is good. When you're single you think everyone else is playing happy families - not true. Good luck.

Dating websites are a good way of getting you "out there" and meeting people outside your social circle, but keep in mind they can be equally frustrating as well. You can meet someone great for a few times and they can disappear just as quick.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Online dating is pretty good for people looking to get serious, just avoid the sites usually used for hooking up. The spendier sites are worth the money, I've been told, like match and eharmony. I have a couple of friends who met their husbands on these.
    I agree with this. Or, if you are looking for a more organic way to meet women, you might try dance classes.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    From what I've heard, eHarmony is much better for men than Match.