+ Follow This Topic

Thread: could there be something going on? or am i just seeing things?

could there be something going on? or am i just seeing things?

hey guys

i've been with my girl for a little over 2 years now, and things seem to be going great. except i can't help but shake the suspicion that somethings going on between her and one of our good friends. he was my roommate when she met him, and since then i've gotten an apartment with him and another good friend of mine. anyhow, ive started to notice things between the 2 of them that made me think there could be something going on. whenever i look at her or him when we're all together i VERY often catch them looking at each other, and just last week i had a party at my apartment where she was sitting on his lap on the couch with her arms around his neck. granted...she had had more than a few drinks. so i guess i could pass that off to that. also, if we're hanging out with our friends and the guy i'm speaking of (names zach) isn't there, my girlfriend will, without fail question me left and right about where he is and when is he coming to hang out with us. it just seems a little odd to me because i don't see her acting this way towards any of my other friends. my girlfriend and zach also always hug each other when they see each other and whenever saying goodbye, which i normally wouldn't find weird, but once again, she doesn't do this to any of my other friends.

the main thing that raised all my suspicion was last week. before a party at my apartment fr our friends birthday, my girlfriend said she was coming with one of her friends and they were getting ready at her house. zach had said he was stuck at work and would be coming late from there. weird thing was, my girlfriends friend that she was supposedly coming to the party with showed up at the party without my girlfriend. her friend asked where my girlfriend was! i didn't say anything to her friend about supposedly being with her, because her friend obviously had no plans to come with my girlfriend in the first place. my girlfriend showed up about 15 minutes later, zach about an hour later. so i really could just be reading into things. anyone have any ideas about what i shiuld do? should i confront my girlfriend? or look for more signs of her possibly cheating first?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    there's always a chance. do you really want to know? i say just leave it be and don't stress over it
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Ask them both independantly. Really, honesty hurts and you might feel silly, but just be calm and talk - face to face, not through text, not over the phone, somewhere private just the two of you. How is your relationship with your GF? Chemistry been going to pot or has nothing changed? They may have not done anything, both are innocent, but that kinda behaviour is strange, peronsally. When you're drunk you'll give in to your most primitive desires - why was she on his lap and not yours? You've been together that long, even drunk I can tell the difference between right and wrong. UH UH. I bet if roles were reversed, she would be FLIPPING. Dont get angry and be honest.

Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure. But unfortunately, although it is true, it is difficult for us to accept it. Because we cannot accept the truth of transience, we suffer. ~Shunryu Suzuki

I have to say that I don't think I would be sitting on (passing out is different) anyone's lap no matter how drunk I am when I am in a relationship. If you are that worried and really want the answer, ask them (not interrogate) separately so that if it is nothing, you don't come across as the physco boyfriend . But be prepared for the worst answer.

I could be wrong but after being in similar situation recently as the friend I would bet there is something going on. They may not have acted on anything yet as I never did in my situation, but they are probably both atleast thinking something.