+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fling or not for him?

Fling or not for him?

Okay, coworker invited me to a small party he had last night, and I was pretty sure things were going to end up with me in his bed. Being serious my whole life about relationships, decided to give casual a try.

Anyway, is this guy wanting a **** or what? That's all I expected and still expect, but he cuddly and attentive the whole evening, since I didn't really know anyone there at all. He looked at me a lot, when three of us went to drive somewhere he asked me to sit in the backseat with him, he would squeeze my knee, try to tickle me when I revealed I was ticklish, fell asleep on the couch holding my hand with my head on his shoulder.

I don't know, reason why I ask is my friend told me his ex said he was a cheater, but he said the ex is lying (said ex is a spoiled high maintenance bitch). If he is a cheater and just wanted sex, I guess I just expected him to act more...I don't know. Hunter-like about it, instead of cute/caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurii View Post
    Okay, coworker invited me to a small party he had last night, and I was pretty sure things were going to end up with me in his bed. Being serious my whole life about relationships, decided to give casual a try.

Anyway, is this guy wanting a **** or what? That's all I expected and still expect, but he cuddly and attentive the whole evening, since I didn't really know anyone there at all. He looked at me a lot, when three of us went to drive somewhere he asked me to sit in the backseat with him, he would squeeze my knee, try to tickle me when I revealed I was ticklish, fell asleep on the couch holding my hand with my head on his shoulder.

I don't know, reason why I ask is my friend told me his ex said he was a cheater, but he said the ex is lying (said ex is a spoiled high maintenance bitch). If he is a cheater and just wanted sex, I guess I just expected him to act more...I don't know. Hunter-like about it, instead of cute/caring.
    Really, you can't tell what his intentions are. Some guys are not as forward as you would be expecting/hoping, which might have been the case here. Was he a cheater? I dunno, and really can't tell with the "he said she said" game. You said you would give casual a try, so just let things flow with this guy. If he wants sex then everyone wins!

But no, from what you wrote I can't tell what his intentions are. All it sounds like to me was a guy that wanted to make a move but didn't want to be too forward.

Yeah, I just have no experience in reading into situations like these. And yeah, everyone won. xD Bonus for me since I don't regret it and I'm not going, "Omgomg I'm such a whore OMFG" or anything. I'll just let it flow like you said, I just didn't expect him to be so..eh..human? ;P

Men have different ways of going about wooing/trying to get sex. Some men are straight to the point, others will sugarcoat their words, others playful, etc...depends on the man and how aggressive he may be. Not all are aggressive and dare go straight in for the kill....

Did he have too much to drink? Sounds like he may have passed out, or maybe not that interested in sex after all. Never trust second hand information, especially if it's from an ex girlfriend. Judge him for yourself.

I think you ought to take it slow. Maybe he;s on the rebound looking to find someone new. I would proceed with caution, or just ask him what kind of relationship he wants

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Men have different ways of going about wooing/trying to get sex. Some men are straight to the point, others will sugarcoat their words, others playful, etc...depends on the man and how aggressive he may be. Not all are aggressive and dare go straight in for the kill....

Did he have too much to drink? Sounds like he may have passed out, or maybe not that interested in sex after all. Never trust second hand information, especially if it's from an ex girlfriend. Judge him for yourself.
    That is true, about judging him for myself. He doesn't come off as a cheating ass, but then again cheating asses don't go around with billboard signs advertising themselves as such.

I do think I worded the 'fell asleep' part wrong. Even though he was the host, he didn't drink much at all, since he was driving a lot, showing people how to get to his house and get more drinks and such. It was around 2am and we were on the couch watching a movie and fell asleep like that, then later someone woke us up and we went to sleep but then we didn't end up sleeping, if ya get mah drift. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by roy_delene View Post
    I think you ought to take it slow. Maybe he;s on the rebound looking to find someone new. I would proceed with caution, or just ask him what kind of relationship he wants
    Yeah, I only know about his one girlfriend from like..two~ years ago or so. I'll be seeing him Sunday at work, blah. I did have to contact another friend I made at the party, since I lost my work ID at the guy's place, and the other guy ended up asking me out for dinner or a movie. Over Facebook. I don't know how to proceed without coming off as a bitch over an online decline.

I thank everyone for helping me. things aren't settled exactly, but it's on a track I think i'd rather enjoy. Said he was drunk, sorry, felt like an asshole (I told him I didn't think of him as one), and that he wanted to hang out and get to know each other. So~ yeah. Thanks again.