+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my boyfriend is going away to college...

my boyfriend is going away to college...

So my boyfriend and I have been been dating for a year and some change. He's decided to go to a college that's about 4 hours away. He's at freshman orientation right now and is coming home in a couple days. we want to stay together until I can go to that college as well, but that won't be for quite some time. He says he'll be try to visit once a month and on holidays and school breaks. I'm scared that something will happen and we won't work out even though we both want to be together really bad. I'm already having a hard time and am really emotional while he's at orientation. And I know this isn't even the worst of what's to come. I just don't know what I should do. Help!?!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    umm engage yourself in something girly.

I don't recommend doing a long distance relationship when one person is left behind in high school. It's a recipe for disaster. I think you should split up. It will save you a LOT of heartache.
    Spammer Spanker

Hmmm, well with all due respect to above posts, I am still in a relationship where I went to college and my girlfriend was in highschool.
    I have now completed my course and she is in college and I am working full time, everything turned out fine.
    It's totally on a case to case basis, and it really depends on how strong your relationship really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I don't recommend doing a long distance relationship when one person is left behind in high school. It's a recipe for disaster. I think you should split up. It will save you a LOT of heartache.
    Quoting so Gigas post appears twice.

I agree, break it off now. Its unrealistic to want to keep a hs to college relationship going. Your boyfriend is out enjoying himself at college, and you want to enjoy yourself too. With the LD relationship, you feel tied down, and you can't do as much :/

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilrush View Post
    Hmmm, well with all due respect to above posts, I am still in a relationship where I went to college and my girlfriend was in highschool.
    I have now completed my course and she is in college and I am working full time, everything turned out fine.
    It's totally on a case to case basis, and it really depends on how strong your relationship really is.
    Exception not the rule.

well i was planning on finishing up school (i'm a senior) and then go to the local college in my hometown and then move in with him and start my degree where he's going. I would immediately but the school he's going to requires all freshman to live in a dorm and that's too expensive for me. so we were just gonna get an apartment when i went down there. we both love each other so much and he keeps telling me he'd do anything to stay with me. he's very faithful, as am I, and we trust each other with everything we have. it's just really hard being away from him for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by lilrush View Post
    Exception not the rule.

... No srs, all my friends who tried doing a high school to college thing, didn;t last so long. The only one I know that actually worked, were on and off while they were at college.