+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to respond if I bump into her?

How to respond if I bump into her?

Okay this is a weird situation for me.

About 6 months ago my ex gf broke up with me, and my begging the first week didn't help to get her back.
    We've been in LC, NC and we are in LC at the moment. She currently has a bf whom she met only a week after she broke up with me.

A couple of weeks ago I sended her an email to inform how she was doing and she replied.
    I sended 2 other emails after that, but she responded only to 1 of them. So I haven't heard anything from her in 2,5 weeks. She pops up on msn now and then, but I don't feel like chatting with her so I stay offline.

Now here comes the reason I'm writing... I'll be flying next saturday (17th) to Spain along with my daughter to go on holiday. I didn't realize it while booking but my ex gf has booked a holiday as well and guess what.. she flies out the 17th as well, from the same airport, at the same time, but to an other destination. She goes with her bf, her sis, and 2 guys.

Although the airport is pretty big, there is a chance we might bump into each other while doing tax free shopping, my daughter wants to shop and my ex gf probally goes shopping as well.

How should I react if I bump into her? I can't say I gotta go when I can't check in yet.
    We've had a very good relationship, but since our breakup we ain't close friends.
    And how do I react towards her bf? Do I introduce myself and shake hands or something? And how do I say goodbye to my ex? Kiss her on the cheek or just say bye have a nice holiday? As said this will be a weird situation for me and never experienced something like this before, that why I seek advice.

This is probally the only time we gonna bump into each other by coincedence due to the fact we live 1,5 hour drive away from each other. My ex doesn't know we are leaving from the same airport that day at the same time... but I'll make sure I'm gonna look great that day, so that she will see what she is missing. My daughter doesn't know that my ex gf has a new bf and I wan't to leave it that way...she is only 8 years old. I only hope she doesn't see my ex gf hand in hand with her bf. Somewhere in the future I'm hoping for reconcilation with my ex gf.

By the way if someone knows some cool things I can say to my ex, let me know

Hmm...
    Kinda sounds like your being stalker-ish.. But I don't know...

Keep it cool, calm, and collected. Don't go giving her a hug or a kiss, you guys aren't together anymore and touching each other went with it.. I wouldn't be buddy buddy with the guy, but i wouldn't disrespect him either. If I saw my ex at the airport, I would walk up and say hi... Well, more like "Hey...are you stalking me? Cuz that'd be super..." (yeah i know I stole that line from van wilder, but its humorous --> even with random strangers in the grocery store)

When you leave, just say take it easy and leave it at that. Don't grovel, don't touch, and dont be making googly eyes at her either
    You're never too old to learn something stupid.

thanks for replying, I'll probally use the stalking line, sounds funny.

One more question though... How do I respond if she asks how my love life is/or if I'm seeing someone?

Quote Originally Posted by manhood View Post
    thanks for replying, I'll probally use the stalking line, sounds funny.

One more question though... How do I respond if she asks how my love life is/or if I'm seeing someone?
    You don't because that's none of her concern, She has her new bf and you do........... what you do.

If you aren't close friends anymore, then why want to say anything?

I suspect you still have feelings and looking for any old excuse to talk.

She likely won't be interested in chatting away to you and when she is with her new bf.

SPOOKY, that you booked flights at the same time, although I'm kinda 'hmmm' in regard to that one.

This does seem like a stalker scenario. How is it that you know her exact travel plans? Even if you are completely innocent, she is likely to find this coincidence pretty disturbing. How should you respond? Try to act very surprised.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

IGNORE HER. Just be on the look out, and avoid her if you see her. No contact at all. At this point, you don't want any communication.
    Anything you do involving her will make you feel bad, and make her feel embarrassed. Just avoid her.

Just don't talk to exes unless your hammered and WANT to embarrass them.
    Women... They smell nice but they are soul murderers. - William Murderface