+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's the perfect mix?

What's the perfect mix?

I'm generally a person that puts others ahead of myself....in fact so much to the point where i feel weird talking about myself unless im around really close friends. i know in ways that's a good thing and in ways it's bad. Obviously, no one likes attention whores but at the same rate, people like talking to people that can sell themselves as being interesting.

I have some desirable personality characteristics. I'm well above average intelligence, hard working, comedic (sarcastic humor, not nerd humor), selfless, ec. Yet when it comes to girls, I act unconfident. It's weird though because I know I have things going for me, i just feel self conscious whenever i talk a lot and share stories about myself....even though logically i should realize that it's not selfish as long as you listen to them. I have a high self esteem, yet I have really high standards for achievement..i have a really hard time looking in the mirror and telling myself im the man even when i know i'm way better than most people at something...no matter what.

I'm ultimately curious as to what the perfect amount of boldness is? Obviously there's a such thing as wanting too much attention but where's the line?

I far prefer shy, reserved guys to overly loud and confident ones, and I know alot of people who would agree with me. It's a refreshing change, and not only does it show selflessness, it also makes everything a bit more mysterious. It's nice when a guy has a passion or talent that he can talk about, without being arrogant about it. Chances are, if they've asked about you, they're interested to hear, so relax.