+ Follow This Topic

Thread: have you ever had a weird connection with someone?

have you ever had a weird connection with someone?

Have you ever had a feeling, like a connection with someone you haven't met before? i know this is probably a lot to read but i pretty much registered just to ask this so i hopefully you find someone can help me

Basically this is my reason for asking this, i just finished my first year of college but while i was there i think it was around february or march but i was walking down this short empty hall with two bathrooms and a stairwell at the end of the hall. i just came out of the guys bathroom and i was walking past the girls bathroom to get to the stairwell and go downstairs. but when i got about halfway to the girls bathroom door this weird looking girl came out, she was short and had kinda funny looking clothes on but i cant really remember her well. but when she came out of the bathroom she stood there for a second and looked at me as i was passing by and she looked at me funny, kind of squinting and and i didnt really know how to react to that so i just gave a sort of confused look. but i had the weirdest feeling like there was something about that girl and then as i passed her and she kept walking the other way i had this stupid grin on my face for some reason and then i laughed for no reason, and then the girl laughed too. but for some reason i didnt turn back to talk to her i just kept going down the stairs thinking thats the weirdest thing.

ive always wondered who that girl was and if anyone else has had similar experiences? i believe everything happens for a reason and i think i may have screwed up and will never see that girl again. and i also wonder if she felt the same thing because she laughed right after i did.

Yeah, thats definitely something that doesn't occur too often. But I wouldn't say she is your soul mate yet. You guys probably experienced the same kind of reaction while being two completely opposite types of people, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The next time I saw her, I would probably strike up a conversation and get to know her. Maybe she is just like you or has friends that would suite you well. That is my experience. I can't say for sure what will work, but the last time I was in college and that happened to me, I looked the girl straight in the eye and gave her a dirty look like I was onto her being a russian spy --> almost too exaggerated out to be serious. And she made a comment that lead to a long conversation, which then led to something more.

You never know if she was making fun of you or having an experience, but nothing ventured = nothing gained...

IMO, sounds like you had a small window of opportunity to say something absurd and it being okay to strike up a conversation, and you missed it ==> and you both realized it at the same time....
    You're never too old to learn something stupid.

I don't know why, but whenever I took that leap of faith chance and talk to the girl that I had that feeling with, she just completely ignored me and thought I was psycho. I eventually thought that she was nervous, shy or just playing hard to get so I saw her the next day and just ask said Hi again and she blew me off again. So, I ended up not believing anymore.
    But I know what you mean.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Instant chemistry is awesome! Also rare.

But it doesn't mean that person is your "soulmate".

It sounds like she felt it, too, though (it's a mutual thing).

i think you should just remember it as one of life's perfect moments. It really doesn't get any better than that.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I've had this with guys and girls. It's not necessarily sexual. My friend Gina, who I met when I was 22, and I were superbonded instantly- it was amazing. She was my bestest friend within a couple of hours. This has happened with a couple of boyfriends too. It doesn't mean they're The One, though. Chemistry isn't everything.
    Spammer Spanker