+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So I started working out to build mucles

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Sorry I gave away my crock pot now one thing I meant to ask was does the type of bean matter?
    Different beans contain different amounts of fiber (good carbs) and protein. It really depends on what you like the taste of and how much you will be eating per meal. Beans with lower protein levels can be eaten with meat to boost the protein amount in your meal.

As far as protein powders go I prefer EAS. Their products taste the best out of all the ones that I have tried (and I tried many), and you can save money by buying EAS at Sam's Club or BJ's if you know someone with a membership. You will pay almost 1/2 the cost of what GNC will charge and will still save a few bucks over the WalMart price if you buy at Sam's Club or BJ's.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Drink a gallon of milk a day. If you find taking 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight too much, somewhere around .6-.8gram should be fine. you'll still see gains. maybe just not that fast. By the way, the 30g protein per meal? never an established research. there are people who consumed up to 48-50g at a time and there is still high absorption rate.

Never lift weights more than 1hr, 1.5hrs. should be the most. Your body enters anabolic stage within the first 45mins to 1hour and muscle begins catabolising within the next, and you wouldn't want that.

Remember the window of opportunity rule: Whey protein within the first hour after workout, then meals on the second hour.

I followed this rule and I was able to progress in 9 weeks (starting weight is a standard 20kg olympic bar):
    80kg squat
    50kg bench
    50kg standing overhead press
    100kg deadlift

just like what Incognito suggested, go for compound, not isolation. You'll gain functional strength and not just an illusory bulky physique. I've seen buff guys at the gym (I've still got flab) whose faces are contorted from curling light weights (15-25lbs). They look bulky and very well defined, But I still got ahead of them Just doing these exercises.

Another thing: You gain from rest not from training. I only train 3 time a week.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Well I'm on my 2nd week now

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post
    Drink a gallon of milk a day.
    Wait, wait, wait. A gallon of milk a day? That's absurd. There are plenty of other ways to get a high protein intake without wasting money and making yourself sick. Do not drink a gallon of milk per day. Sheesh.

I am fairly sure a gallon of milk per day would be extremely tough for your body to break down. It's been a while, but I swear I last read that the enzyme to break down milk is only found in red meat - something you don't eat a lot of if you're lifting a lot.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    this all sounds like an outrageous amount of work.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

^^^Well you could just wish yourself to have large muscles Porunga.

FNM is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    It does appear that you're of the ectomorph body type. You don't want to be eating too lean. You're going to need lots of calories and you won't get that many from protein dominant foods. Eat pasta, potatoes, rice and bread and balance those with high protein foods like chicken, fish, egg whites and perhaps protein supplements. You're also going to want to be doing mainly compound exercises (bench press, squat, deadlift, shoulder press, pullups, dips etc). Don't work out too often, at the very most every other day. Rest is just as important as working out and if you feel too sore or tired to go to the gym, for God's sake don't.

^^^Hmmm, maybe its just me, but if I feel a bit sore I usually give it a go anyway. Especially large muscle groups like chest and legs. Usually after the first set the soreness is gone. Nothing like forcing some blood through the muscles.

FNM is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    ^^^Hmmm, maybe its just me, but if I feel a bit sore I usually give it a go anyway. Especially large muscle groups like chest and legs. Usually after the first set the soreness is gone. Nothing like forcing some blood through the muscles.
    Yeah, guess I actually agree with you there. As long as you can establish the pain isn't a sign of an injury (I'm sure you can, maybe other people not so much) I guess there's no harm in working out as long as the soreness isn't too prominent.

[url=http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Bulk-Up-Fast---Without-Getting-Fat&id=246860]How To Bulk Up Fast - Without Getting Fat[/url]

i'm posting this more for the weight gainer recipe that the other information.

Great nutrition and enough sleeping are just as important as the quality of your training.
    Never work out longer than 90 minutes. That would induce katabolic processes
    On monday I train my chest and triceps, tuesday upper back and biceps, wednesday legs only, thursday mostly abs and shoulders, friday is a bit all around. Saturday I have a break...
    I do some cardio training after every workout because it would take half an hour of jogging to start burning fat if I did the jogging before a workout.

I think you'd make more progression if you could follow some regular bodybuilders in the gym. So did I and I have made a lot of adaptations in my schedule.
    About proteins and most other supplements... I used to take them with milk. But now that I want to get rid of the thin layer of body fat above my abs I avoid the milk and take my proteins with water.
    I have a good breakfast and many small meals every day but I avoid eating before bed time because most of that will get stored as body fat at night.

The fat burning has been a major topic in my gym during the last week. When I mentioned that as my new goal next to gaining upper body muscle volume, it took only a few days before some bodybuilders offered me to do cycles with fat burning steroids like clenbuterol and winstrol. Of course I refused, but now I know where their 8 packs of abs come from.
    If you want to do it all naturally like me, your nutrition is the number 1 priority
    Last edited by MynameisJesus; 07-09-10 at 07:10 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123