+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cold feet!!!

Cold feet!!!

Morning everyone. I post a thread last month & i thought i had got everything sorted but now i am getting cold feet Got doubts about the future. I dont know what i want

Why do i feel like this??

Help!!

Thanks

Hasnt anyone got any advice thats been in my shoes??

Thanks

ummm... figure out what you want? It's not like you are giving details at all here...

It isn't fair to expect us to track down your previous posting. Why not give us a summary of your dilemma here ... or post your question in your previous post?

Carl.

Wear socks.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

My feet are always cold!

I'm sure the majority would give good advice if we knew exactly what was going on ... or for the most part anyway. Why are you getting cold feet? Marriage? Moving in w/someone? It could be numerous things....?

Well let's see

1. You are in a stale 5 year relationship in which you feel uncertain about your partner and his motivations
    2. You want a child and marriage and your partner is uncertain about these (you may have reached an agreement on having a child before marriage, but you are unsure if this will work out well for you)
    3. You are uncertain of what you want after an ex co-worker displayed interest in you

Would that about explain why you have cold feet?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Hiya. Sorry i should of thought about putting it on my other post befor i put it hear.

Hear is a link to my other post - [url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/42992-dont-know-what-do.html[/url] Hope this helps!!

Mishanya you are kind of right but the ex co-worker is out of the picture now as he knows that me & my fella are trying to sort things.

I just dont understand why i feel this way? I really cant ask for a better man. He doesnt drink, he doesnt hit me, treats me right. I really should be happy with what i have got! I dont know......................Maybe i am just a little bit bored of the same thing day in day out??

Sometimes you can be with the nicest man/woman but if you're bored or unsure it normally means you know deep down that you aren't compatible any more or they aren't the one for you or you know they are just doing what you want them to do to keep the peace and not because they want to do it (marriage, children). Even though it's hard and you can't understand why you don't feel happy in the relationship these feelings are often warning signs to yourself. You need to sit down and work out your ideal life that YOU want and see if he fits into it.

Hope you find happiness and get what you want soon.

Hiya again EnjoyingLife & thanks for your reply. I had a talk with him & tould him how i feel. I dont think he really knew how to take it! I asked him how he felt & he said that he's happy & content which makes me feel worse! I even suggested having a break from each other so i could work out what i want in life & so i could realise what i am missing (like ya dont know what i have got untill its gone sort a thing) but he said whats the point in having a break if we are going to get back together? I am going to give it more time, see how we get on on holiday & if i feel the same when we get back then we will have to have yet another talk!

It sounds like what's happening in my life right now. Sometimes you need to take a step back to clear your mind. I also suggested a break to think things through but to no avail. I feel like we are not on the same wave length when discussing our future. He says he wants us to spend our life together but I just have this feeling that he will always SAY this and never do anything about it. Makes me feel quite down sometimes knowing that I have to be the strong one and end it. Some people are so weak sometimes by not taking a chance with their partner but they aren't strong enough to actually end it knowing they don't REALLY want it deep down. Anyway I've had a rant! I hope things go well on your holiday.

The whole point of taking a break, is to be alone and for a while and to figure out what you want. You can't do that with him around.

The end result could be, that you don't get back together and if you discover that you don't need to be in a relationship with him, to be happy.

Never mind what he says and this 'What's the point, if we are going to get back together'....., do what you feel you want to do.

Enjoy the holiday btw.

Yup your both right. Will have to see what happens. I dont feel no different yet but like i said i will give it more time. You are spot on with what you said EnjoyingLife about ''makes me feel quite down sometimes knowing that I have to be the strong one and end it. Some people are so weak sometimes by not taking a chance with their partner but they aren't strong enough to actually end it knowing they don't REALLY want it deep down''.

I think he does want what i want i.e kids & marriage but i am not sure about what i want anymore :S Talk about being confused!

Thanks i will make sure i enjoy my holiday lol.