+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i have taken this so personally?

Should i have taken this so personally?

So i'll start off by saying im 17, and iv been single for a good four years now, and im in high school.
    I recently started talking to this girl that i have known for almost 5-6 years.
    Supposedly around five years ago, when i first met her she was obsessed with me, and really liked me. But i didnt pay much attention to her because i was younger. She even asked me out over AIM but i rejected her because i didnt know her at all.
    So after we started talked for about a month, i realized she was a great girl, and attractive too.
    We hung out two times over this week, and the first time went smooth and i felt very comfortable around her.
    However today when i hung out with her, i felt like it was kind of awkward, and when she walked me to my car from her house she said "why are you so awkward?". I think it was because i didnt know when to go in for the goodbye hug so i hesitated a bit. After she said this i took it very personal.
    Do you guys think i should have taken it so personal?
    Also she was talking to me about her ex and how she just broke up with him. She was asking me for advice on what reason to give him on why she broke up with him, she told me she just didnt like him but felt bad for ending it.
    Would a girl ask a guy shes interested in about advice on how to end it with another guy?
    Let me know your guys opinions and any advice if possible. Sorry for the rambling.

p.s. i dont have my license so i basically snuck my parents car out knowing the consequences when i got home just to see her. She lives a good 25 minutes away from me. Shes leaving for vacation tomorrow for a week, thats why.

Bump?
    no one answered this post, im just getting a bit anxious.
    any tips would help, this will be my one and only bump though.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Are you looking into a serious relationship with this girl? Personally, I wouldn't call a girl great if she needs an excuse to dump a guy for another guy. If she didn't like his 'soon to be ex' then how did he end up being her boyfriend in the first place? Dude, she's not asking you for advice, she's looking for a convenient excuse to dump him (which clearly indicates that she's not even smart enough to think of her own). Advices are for positive reasons. If you, personally want to have an open relationship like she is (I'm assuming here) and for 'fun' purposes, then just do whatever she wants, because it seems that she's cheating on a guy that she said 'yes' to because she didn't like him.

One question though. are you prepared to be her next victim? because I don't see a reason that she won't do the same to you.

Good luck!
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Don't take things like that personally, let it go and don't torture yourself.

And don't take your parents car if you don't have a driver's licence and without their permission. There are enough idiots on the road already.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~