+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why Won't She Leave Me Alone?

Why Won't She Leave Me Alone?

So this girl I got pretty close with keeps sending me texts and trying to call me.

Here's the story:

We met online towards the beginning of summer and we got pretty close when I was unemployed and just working on my studies. We got really close and I liked talking to her. We talked on the phone and on Skype all the time. Then, I got my job and I realized that I won't have time for a relationship during the summer that is sort of long distance (50 some miles away). I just don't have time for it.

I told her and she was really upset. She basically cried on the phone to me. Then, she got a bf and started flaunting him and wanted me to still be her good friend. I tried this and it didn't work. I finally just told her to get the heck out of my life because it was destructive and realized that she was making me upset by constantly talking about her boyfriend. The weird thing is that her boyfriend has the same first name as me. I think that's kind of creepy.

Anyway, she keeps contacting me and I'm not sure what to do. My life seems better without her to be honest. I just wish she would stop contacting me and I would like to know why she keeps trying to contact me.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Are you sure her boyfriend is even real? Have you even met her in real life?
    Spammer Spanker

Have you tried asking her to stop contacting you? If she continues, threaten her with the police for harrassing you.

She wants attention. She wants to make you jealous of her new "boyfriend" or try to anyway. How is she contacting you? Phone? Change your number. E-mail? Block her or change your address? Facebook? Delete her and change your privacy settings. It's pretty easy. I know changing your number can be somewhat a pain in the ass, but consider it an investment in your stress-free future.