+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: right side pain

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

right side pain

This morning i woke up with a bad cramp kind of feeling directly below my rib cage on my right side. When i move or take a breath the pain shoots up the right side of my chest and slightly into my neck and shoulder. This all feel internal- not like a nerve or muscle, but i could be wrong.
    I also have a temperature and dizzy/feverish episodes. I've vomited twice after eating too, but im not sure whether that is related directly, or just because my stomach feels so uncomfortable.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your liver and gallbladder are in that quadrant. Could be a lot of things - gallstones, kidney stone, gas, ulcer... the combination of pain with the fever and vomiting have me a little worried though. You should probably see an MD. And take your blood sugar.
    Last edited by vashti; 25-07-10 at 06:33 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The pain eased yesterday and i wasnt sick or feverish when i woke.

Today the pain is back and is really bad, i dont feel feverish but have been feeling kind of dizzy since it started. I know i should see my dr but its finding the time to fit it in!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ughhhhhhhh this is horrendous tonight, im going to see my GP in the morning no matter what. Its like this horrendous cramp in one small place. I want to be sick.

Oh and my bg wont level out, but dont think that is related, but its defnately making me feel more rubbish

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    right upper quadrant? hmmm... i'm guessing stones. Tell me if I'm right. Can't you see an emergency room doctor? Severe pain is considered an emergency in the states. The fact that your blood sugars are out of control is a complicating factor. How high have your sugars been?

You should check your blood sugars more frequently than you might normally do it. Stress hormones that are released during illness can cause your blood sugar levels to skyrocket. You need to take your insulin, and try to eat. Are you still vomiting? Try things that are non-fat (in case it's your gallbaldder) and easy to digest, like yogurt, applesauce. Maybe even diluted juices.
    Last edited by vashti; 27-07-10 at 07:39 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, technically i could go to the hospital accident and emergency department, but my son is asleep in bed with no one to look after him, i'm sure i will last until morning.

My latest reading is 9.9 (its 1am and i havent eaten in the last 6 hours) Im not vomiting but do feel very nauseous.

Sounds EXACTLY like my dads attack he had right before he had to have his gallbladder removed.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ughhh, i dont like the sound of that.

Hopefully its not that. If it is, the surgery was pretty minor from what I remember. I don't think he even had to stay over night. Keep hydrated, suck on ice chips if anything.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    Yes, technically i could go to the hospital accident and emergency department, but my son is asleep in bed with no one to look after him, i'm sure i will last until morning.

My latest reading is 9.9 (its 1am and i havent eaten in the last 6 hours) Im not vomiting but do feel very nauseous.
    you obviously use a different system there than we do here.... normal for us is 70-110.

They don't always removed the gallbladder for stones. It depends on how many you make, and whether or not you can pass them naturally. Don't get scared yet.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ahh ok, i just checked, converted i think it would be 180.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how diffrenet is that from your usual readings? Because that's high, but not alarming.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its quite a bit higher than it usually is at that time, i took insulin just after and levelled out at 6.5 (which i think is about 118) went to bed thinking i was ok and 2 hours later woke up to use the bathroom and realised it had plummeted to 1.1 (around 19 i think) never gone that low so quickly before. Just glad i woke up in time.

Pain is still here, im booked in to see my GP this afternoon.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Jeezus, qwerty! You are lucky you didn't end up in a diabetic coma!! Are your sugars generally so unstable?

Not to be morbid, but do you have anyone who would check on your well-being if you didn't show up to work in the morning?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well i have been to my GP, feel a bit fobbed off if i'm honest, he says its just a virus and will pass.

Yeh I have really struggled to stabilize my sugars in the past, though the last 5/6 months or so have been quite good really, its just lately they are up and down. Luckily i keep a sugary drink right next to my bed for emergencies.
    I have had an arrangement with my friend that i text him when i am awake every morning, if he hasnt heard from me by a certain time or i havent told him otherwise then he will make sure he makes contact with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast