+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bunch of troubles and questions

They've actually been reasonably gentle. You should see how we treat cheaters. Shreds of torn flesh all over the forum.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariea View Post
    It just hurts to be called more names. That's all. I hope that makes sense, not trying to be picky at all. I'm sorry for the trouble.
    It hurts b/c you know its how you've been acting. But its not who you want to be, which is why you came here for advice. So. Stop being those things. Next time he contacts you, tell yourself "no, I won't be this guy's toy. I deserve better than this." Then go out and find it.

You won't be able to change him, btw. So don't even bother going there. If you DO have that tendency, and I think you just might, please have a read of this thread:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/26633-description-shining-knight-syndrome.html[/url]

Its worded for guys but its also common for women to become a 'rescuer' in order for her to avoid working on her own self-esteem. Try to realize that the reason you tolerate this guys bad behaviour is b/c there is something in you that doesn't want to believe you deserve better. Or are afraid to go out and get it. Or something else like. Cut off contact with this guy and spend some time looking into your bellybutton as to why you cling to this loser psuedo-BF.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    I understand the advice, and I am not discounting that. I haven't argued with a single letter of that! My report wasn't because of the advice. I am listening and grateful for the feedback.

I was only wishing that I wouldn't be called names here (ie pathetic etc). I've endured a lot of that already, and I felt coming for advice...well, that I wouldn't have more of that thrown my way. It just hurts to be called more names. That's all. I hope that makes sense, not trying to be picky at all. I'm sorry for the trouble.
    I apologize if I sound hurting. especially since we don't know each other. but sometimes, people do need a little tough love now and then. If you said you've endured a lot of harsh criticisms, does that not translate to you not listening to sound advice?
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post
    I apologize if I sound hurting. especially since we don't know each other. but sometimes, people do need a little tough love now and then. If you said you've endured a lot of harsh criticisms, does that not translate to you not listening to sound advice?
    No, I meant from the bf and his friends.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    No, I meant from the bf and his friends.
    The difference of name calling between me and your bf's friends? I care, they belittle.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, are you dumping him already, or what?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12