+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there ever a chance to go back to the way things used to be?

aer is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Is there ever a chance to go back to the way things used to be?

Hi,

I was never in a relationship with this guy. We haven known each other since grade school. We were never really friends before...mainly because he was always a dick to me. Anyway, we stopped talking for 3 years and never really ran into each other. We went to the same outting with some mutual friends. He then developed a crush on me. By the time I found out he was already dating someone else...so obviously nothing happened. During the time we talked for hours on a weekly basis and he would tell me how he felt like he could open up to me. I then started to have feelings for him...when I told him it appeared as if he was upset about it. All he would do is tell me how awkward it was because he no longer had feelings for me. He told me we were better off as friends for the moment but he wasn't ruling us out as a possibility for the future because he did once have a crush on me. After that he stopped talking to me... He no longer wanted to hang out with me and told me we could be online friends until HE was ready to be my real friend again. Now when I try to talk to him he never opens up to me and tells me he doesn't have to tell me anything about his life. Maybe I was too pushy or maybe I just should have stopped talking to him until he cooled down. However, how can I now fix things? I no longer have feelings for him but I still care for him as a friend and I miss being his friend.

It sounds like things already ARE back to the way they were. He's kind of a dick and he's totally inconsistent. Why would you want to be in contact with a person like this at all?
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    It sounds like things already ARE back to the way they were. He's kind of a dick and he's totally inconsistent. Why would you want to be in contact with a person like this at all?
    Oops...I meant years ago he was always a dick to me. We started talking again and he was really nice to me until I told him about having feelings for him. He hasn't been the same since.

maybe he's just trying to make the message clear that he really dont wanna have a relationship with you.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by adam95 View Post
    maybe he's just trying to make the message clear that he really dont wanna have a relationship with you.
    Yeah I get that but before we were friends. Now he doesn't even want to talk to me anymore. I don't understand. He had a crush on me before and that was okay, but when I had one on him it was like the end of the world for him. Now I am over him in a romantic sense but I want to be friends. He was really someone I could talk to before and he said he could talk to me too. I just want him back as a friend.