+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It makes sense, but hurts so bad

It makes sense, but hurts so bad

Well I've been in a relationship with a girl that I care so much for, for about two months now. I love her dearly. The problem is, she's in Hungary and I'm here in the states. She called me last night very confused and she didn't know what to do. She had been with a boyfriend for almost two years before she met me, and during our time together we feel in love. Now though, with the distance between us it is causing a lot of problems. She constantly runs into her ex and he still has many feelings for her, and it's messing with her head. She told me she wasn't sure what she wanted and that she would call me back today, which she did. Now she tells me she isn't in love with him but with me, and even though that's the case she doesn't know how it will work between us. I told her I would leave to live there. Which has no logic at all. Work and money would become and issue after the first month of living there. So, now I'm stuck and I don't know how to keep her a part of my life, in my life. I don't want to change from being in a relationship with her to being just friends that e-mails and calls every once in a while. What a messed up situation...

Hmm, if I may ask what age you are and what sort of financial/educational situation you're in? I ask this because that would seem to dictate your freedom in doing such a thing. If you think it can really work out and you are out of school and financially independent (i.e. from loans) to risk being without a job for a bit, I would say go for it. I mean at the worst you end up experiencing a new country and probably making new friends. If you are in school still or need to pay off loans, then it probably isn't very feasible to pick up and move to another country.

Well it can work as a LDR. Problem obviously being that sooner or later somebody is going to have to move, you are just delaying the inevitable, but this depends on your personal situations...
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

ditto.... some one is everntually going to have to make the BIG move to make this one work. so start trying to figure it out together. also you have this huge obsticle of her ex being there and u not. down the line this is definately going to come up more! i believe that anything can work, but not without alot of hard work on both of your parts