+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don’t understand men

I don’t understand men

That’s all.

I find that younger men are so much easier to handle as well as older men, but men my age are so frikin difficult…does anyone else have this problem? do men your own age just seem to be so difficult? tell me please..
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, I agree with you. I have noticed that the young guys are adorable, the old guys are easy-going, and the men my age are a giant pain in the ass.

I think our mothers should have warned us.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

lol thanks vash, i agree i blame my mother! frikin' jaysus they are tough tho
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I find that young, responsible fellas turn into older, responsible men. Pretty simple to keep basically happy: fully belly, empty balls. Add some appreciation and a partner who doesn't completely bore them to death and they seem pretty content. IMO.

Young, irresponsible assholes often turn into older, irresponsible assholes tho. Sometimes they can change but so many women get burned for their wishful thinking. Better to start with the young, responsible phenotype to start with, even if they seem more boring. Classic nice guy issue.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I seem to have tripped and fallen face first into the happy man thread.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I agree that men my age have always been a problem. However, I don't think it has so much to do with age as it does with my uncanny ability to put up with too much BS. I've dealt with some real winners, but instead of getting out and staying out, I would do the little "break up/reunite" dance until I would finally figure out that "HE'S NOT GONNA CHANGE!" I simply need to start running at the first sign of an emotional disorder.

I'm proud of my last break-up though. I called it quits when it was time, and I didn't look back. See, I'm learning too!

My boyfriend is 3 years younger than I and I wouldn't change a thing about him.

According to this thread I'm adorable

Anyway, most guys aren't all that difficult.. at least the ones I know

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    According to this thread I'm adorable

That's like when guys say, "We're really easy to figure out! Women complicate everything!"

I've been with some complicated suckers before. I was caring for an ex while he was sick once. Brought him meds, soup, heating pad. Nothing satisfied him. I remember he said, "I wish you just knew what I wanted." Right. Okay. Let me just get that crystal ball out of my purse...

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I've been with some complicated suckers before. I was caring for an ex while he was sick once. Brought him meds, soup, heating pad. Nothing satisfied him. I remember he said, "I wish you just knew what I wanted." Right. Okay. Let me just get that crystal ball out of my purse...
    Ok, that guy sounds complicated, but that's not pretty common among males in my experience... most are simple to keep happy.

Men are only really simple in comparison to women. For example, ideally, anyone would love to sit around, basking in their favorite hobbies. The problem lies in the comparison based on one person's perception. An enjoyable hobby for the stereotypical woman (knitting, scrapbooking, baking) is different from the hobby of the stereotypical man (video games, sports, drinking). People have different interests and priorities from other people and they don't always fall neatly into those boxes society has set up for us.

Men view other men as simple. Women would say the same about other women. However, a lot of the women here are very different from the average, crazy fishwife a lot of male posters complain about. But that's why we're here. 'Cause we're kind of special

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    An enjoyable hobby for the stereotypical woman (knitting, scrapbooking, baking)
    LOL That's the stereotypical hobby for women? I never thought those were hobbies for anyone...

And I didn't mean it about hobbies, but about "what they want", most guys would be happy as long as they have food, sex, and some time for themselves, at least most of the ones I know.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Of course not. THEY are the young ones I was talking about.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

LOL That's the stereotypical hobby for women? I never thought those were hobbies for anyone...
    Maybe in the 1950s.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Of course not. THEY are the young ones I was talking about.
    I also know men in their 30s and 40s I'm friends with..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I also know men in their 30s and 40s I'm friends with..
    I think they relate differently to other males than they do females. Besides, what I notice is that a lot of men in their 30s and 40s still act like they are in their 20s... no evolution as far as personal development goes. I mean, you expect certain behaviors out of 20-somethings, and it's kind of adorable, but those same behaviors aren't adorable for a man 20 years older.

Anyway, obviously I am not talking about ALL men. Just a lot of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast