+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is this girl thinking?

xed is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

What is this girl thinking?

Hey all,
    My first post here and I am in desperate need of some direction and help...

Let me begin with some back story for you (I will try and keep this as brief as I can!);
    Basically, I have been single myself for 3 years now, and I am now turning 24. Up until not long ago, I was enjoying my life, my hobbies etc..until something hit me. What happened goes something like this - my mother came to visit me and was going on about how much fun she had with a long lost friend that came to visit her. Anyway, naturally the 2 parents began talking about their children and how they both came to a conclusion that the children should get in contact with each other. Normally whenever my parents tell me to meet someone I glaze over and just cant bothered. But what my mum was telling about this girl I should meet was that she was sweet, a little reserved in nature, had been heart broken in the past and was incredibly beautiful. So I had to see for myself just how beautiful this girl is...I looked her up on facebook (because she lives in a different state) and wow, she is gorgeous.

Anyway, I made contact with her, and ever since we have been sending really long emails to each other, flirting here and there and this has been going on for 6 months. I really like this girl and I was thinking maybe she really liked me too. Our emails to each other would be over 1000 words in length, very sweet, and we sent one to each other nearly every week. We exchanged phone numbers too and the latest emails / texts were even talking about meeting in person and how awesome that would be. So far so good right?

That's what I thought until this girl and her family visited my folks the other day (I live away from my parents). My parents told me they would keep and eye out on the mood for me and if they could 'sense' anything that this girl likes me they would let me know. Well the picture I got was much different then expected. I had learnt that this sweet, reserved girl that I had fallen quite deeply for loves to go out to parties till 4 in the morning, has over 1000 friends on facebook, her mobile phone does not stop from all the text's she is getting, and she is a little immature etc. Now this confused me a little...one minute this girl is telling me she is quite shy / reserved, yet all those hints tell me otherwise...she is 21 years old lets give her that. Obviously from the pictures on her facebook page, she is always at a club. I even asked her about it in one of my early emails - how can someone who is reserved / shy look so outgoing in her photos. She told me she is just really comfortable around her friends.

Right here is what I'm thinking guys, I think she enjoys the attention she gets from all these clubs. She is gorgeous so I am sure she must get so many requests from guys and naturally that must feel good, maybe that's why she still does all this?

But I really want to ask..why if she is so into the party scene..why keep constant communication with me? Is she using me for a big ego boost just so she could tell her friends "Hey check this out, I have this guy who is after me from a different state!"

A little about myself, I am 24, ride a super bike, work full time, have an MBA, and am deffinately not the ugliest guy in the world. I am a little reserved / shy and I can't stand clubbing and that whole sh!t scene in general. So what I need to know, is what I should do from here? Do I continue with this? Is she using me for an ego boost? Keeping me on the side lines as 'just in case' for when she decides to grow up and start maturing? Am I simply being taken for a ride? Would a girl go so far to keep emailing me just to receive that ego boost?

Any thoughts here guys? Should I still consider visiting and see the chemistry in person?
    Cheers and thanks heaps for reading,
    xed.

Yeah, she would go so far as to keep e-mailing you for an ego boost. Think about... It's absolutely minimal work. She doesn't have to agree to go out with you, or look nice for you. You see all that in her photos. And she can paint any kind of picture of herself that she wants in the e-mails she sends you.

You were probably a bit blinded by the prospect of interacting with such a gorgeous girl that you overlooked some key elements (like her billions of FB friends or her clubbing pics). Now that you know more about her, do you still want to stay in contact with her?

And I'm sure she eats up the attention she gets. So, if you were to date her, you'd most likely have to deal with the fact that she's very popular and desirable. And that she'd want to go out all the time to clubs and bars. That sound like the right girl for you?

xed is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Hmm lahnnabell, thanks so much for your reply...you know it didnt actually occur to me that I might of been blinded by her looks. To think I was feeling very special when she suggested we exchange phone numbers, when she most likely does that with every other guy..so in the end, what makes me so special hey? Ouch reality does hurt..but I guess it's so much better to know the truth hey?. Oh and I guess your spot on about the whole dating her would be really hard when she would most likely crave the attention of every other guy in a club / bar every weekend. - Well, there goes 6 months of wasting my time =(

You should get off the computer and start meeting REAL girls Then you won't have to say you wasted 6 months getting to know a girl that probably isn't a very good match for you and hoping for something to happen. I would say you waited too long to get things off the ground anyway.