+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she like me?

Does she like me?

Here is a rundown of my story, and hopefully you guys can give some advice:

I met this girl last year and we didnt really click. She gave me her cell number and we texted sporadically for about 6 months, and around last february, we started talking via the phone. (I dont see her on a regular basis because we go to different schools) As our friendship progressed, we started talking more frequently and she started talking about hanging out. For other reasons(another girl) I avoided hanging out with her, probably about 4 times, but remained in close contact with her, talking more frequently and for longer periods of time. When school got out, I hung out with her for the first time, and it was pretty great. So far, we have hung out 4 or so times and consider each other best friends. When we do hang out, she is very hands-on if you will, as she often tries to hold my hand or play with my hair. For the most part, I oblige, but seeing as we consider each other "friends" I try to limit this contact. Recently, I have developed feelings for her, but am afraid to act on these, as we have such a close friendship and i really dont want to blow that.

Sorry about the stream-of-consciousness writing....
    Any advice you guys could giv would be great!

I think touching is always a sign of affection although this could be due to friendship but as she has only met you face-to-face 4-times I find this unlikely because that sort of friendship between a guy and a girl usually takes years in my experience. Next time she touches your hair you should look deep into her eyes and go with your gut instinct, look for pupil dilation also this is a defiant go-ahead unless you’re in fluctuating light conditions of course. Alcohol is also useful for this because you can blame it on the drink if it goes wrong and you will still be able to retain your relationship.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    For other reasons(another girl) I avoided hanging out with her, probably about 4 times, but remained in close contact with her, talking more frequently and for longer periods of time.
    Who is this other girl that you're talking about? why did she matter enough to be in your post?
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Well, it's better you meet her more time, and take easy, know more about her first,
    then you will know what relationship about you and her. Don't hurry to speed up
    the relationship, take time to know each other, relax, share your interests with her,
    books, food, sport etc.