+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In love with a newborn lesbian...god help me

^ Wow, didn't know you were bi. (or did I misread your post?)

Quote Originally Posted by phys251 View Post
    It is a real shame that so many people still believe this. I could show you study after study explaining why sexual orientation is innate, lifelong, and unchangeable, but you'd most likely dismiss all of them, no matter how accurate and carefully researched. All I can say is, please don't ever let a gay person know what you really think of them.
    The only research you could show me that I would accept is if it dated back to the begining of time itself. I'll tell any gay person that ASKS of my opinion about homosexuality what I truly think of it. I dont believe in it.....at all. Do I treat homosexuals any differently.....nope. People try to compare sexual prefernece to other classifications like race, meaning you're born gay similar to being born white, black etc. If this were the case, why are there so many that are flip floping back and fourth from gay to bi to hetro and anything else? It just doest make sense to me. If you were indeed born gay then it should be as consistent as the race comparison I hear so often. When you're born chinese, you'll always be chinese and you'll always KNOW that you're chinese.

^ Wow, didn't know you were bi. (or did I misread your post?)
    You read it correctly. It is not a fact that I go parading the forums with. I get too much flack for it. There are many people (homo and heterosexuals alike) that feel that bisexuality isn't real. That you're either one or the other. Or that if you haven't had extensive sexual experience with another female that you "aren't really bisexual". I'm sick of the debate, so I just keep it to myself. Plus, many women get a bad rep from it because of all those "bisexual" attention seekers that are easily coerced into making out with their BFF at frat parties.

I love my boyfriend and I'm so attracted to him it's ridiculous. But I think women are beautiful. And I love breasts.

It's my personal opinion that no one is born gay.
    Now I don't know enough about this and to go into detail, but I can remember that a few years back a certain gene was found in gay people that was not present in 'heterosexuals'....

You would have to search Google and to find out more.

I think that 'some' people are born gay. And there are others who like to experiment/have experimented and like both.

I personally could not experiment with any woman or sleep with any woman and no matter how hot I think a woman is. I feel no desire for a woman, it's just not in my nature.
    I like guys....period!

No one is born gay but everyone starts off as feminine?

A few weeks after fertilization, the initial appearance of the human fetal genitalia is basically feminine: a pair of "urogenital folds" with a small protuberance in the middle, and the urethra behind the protuberance.

In typical fetal development, the presence of the SRY gene causes the fetal gonads to become testes; the absence of it allows the gonads to continue to develop into ovaries.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_genital_development]Fetal genital development - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Yeh, I can see how genetical gender confusion is entirely unfeasable
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    You keep saying you want this girl in your life, but she doesn't want you. You need to understand this completely.
    I agree, he should move on.

She broke off her engagement and the OP I think had assumed, it was because of him she was breaking it off. They had become close friends and I think he thought she had developed feelings for him.

Whether she is straight, gay, bi or whatever....it has become clear that in fact she didn't break off her engagement and to pursue the OP, but to pursue a female.

I think that should tell the OP, all that he needs to know.

Thanks to all of you for your posts. I'm trying to move on and it's why I'm quitting my job. Yes, I do want this girl in my life, but honestly she wants me in her life aswell...just not in the same way I do. She hates that i'm leaving and is constantly asking me to stay but also understands why I want to leave. I can't just be friends with her at this point. I really wish I could find it in me to be her friend...she one of the greatest people i've ever met and I completely hate removing her from my life. She says she needs friends but to be honest she has tons of very close friends not to mention her girlfriend. I don't see any void in her life that I can fill. I've been trying to get over how I feel for her for over a year and it's done nothing but go the opposite way. I feel like my life is going to fall apart when I actually do leave and never see her again. It worries me to think of where my life will be in a couple months. However, I'm hoping the whole "It's gotta get worse before it gets better" cleche will apply here. I only hope I don't kill myself before the calm.
    Last edited by VVhiteVVabbit; 04-08-10 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VVhiteVVabbit View Post
    I only hope I don't kill myself before the calm.
    Stop it with the drama. Sheesh. You'll be fine, you just need to get out and look at some other chicks and stop pining for a once-engaged to be married, now current lesbian.

^I agree.

Pull yourself together. Most of us have been in your shoes, me very recently and for 2 years and heck if I could go cold turkey then so can you!!

It would have been all the easier and for me to break away, had he been gay - but he wasn't. It hurt and because it felt PERSONAL to me, that he didn't want me in his life in that way.
    At least you aren't having to deal with the hurt of a rejection - she is what she is...end of.

very nicely put lahnna, couldn't have said it better!
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

You read it correctly. It is not a fact that I go parading the forums with. I get too much flack for it. There are many people (homo and heterosexuals alike) that feel that bisexuality isn't real. That you're either one or the other. Or that if you haven't had extensive sexual experience with another female that you "aren't really bisexual". I'm sick of the debate, so I just keep it to myself. Plus, many women get a bad rep from it because of all those "bisexual" attention seekers that are easily coerced into making out with their BFF at frat parties.

I love my boyfriend and I'm so attracted to him it's ridiculous. But I think women are beautiful. And I love breasts.
    Yeah. One would think that in the 21st century, most people would have moved beyond such ridiculous beliefs. Apparently not.

BTW, I hope other people here realize how much of a compliment it is to them that you have chosen to come out here.

Yeah. One would think that in the 21st century, most people would have moved beyond such ridiculous beliefs. Apparently not.

BTW, I hope other people here realize how much of a compliment it is to them that you have chosen to come out here.
    Haha, I didn't really think it was a "coming out" ordeal really. See... that's still one of the issues. We dramatize and hype up homosexuality by giving it a title like "coming out". Like it's the unveiling of some new ride at Disney World. I suppose it's going to take some time before it becomes common enough to where it doesn't surprise people to know that someone is gay.

Haha, I didn't really think it was a "coming out" ordeal really. See... that's still one of the issues. We dramatize and hype up homosexuality by giving it a title like "coming out". Like it's the unveiling of some new ride at Disney World. I suppose it's going to take some time before it becomes common enough to where it doesn't surprise people to know that someone is gay.
    Ah, true. Hopefully someday, one's sexual orientation won't cause any more of a reaction with anyone than one's eye color.

yeah lahnnabell i know how you feel. just cos may have different sexual preferences to others doesn't mean it should be shouted from the top of a mountain. it took one of my mates 3 years to work out i was bi. it's called privacy. but i must admit, her face was priceless

I think it's more acceptable for women to be Bi than it is for guys. Am I right in saying this?
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast