+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did my ex girlfriend add me on Facebook?

Why did my ex girlfriend add me on Facebook?

We dated in high school that's like when we were both 17. We go to the same university.Once my friend said she was asking after me. Sometimes I bump into her but she doesn't say anything or say hi. We didn't remain friends after the split up, but I don't know why she's added me on FB if there's no friendship or any sort of relationship between us anymore. Apparently she's been seeing someone so I don't know her reasons to contact me. I think i still feel something for her otherwise I would have refused her friendship request or would not have minded that she's added me. I do not know if I should be straight about it and ask what she wants, because she could think that I am interested in her and I don't want her to think that she has any sort of control over me or that I hold any feelings for her.

Some girls are just nosey and like to keep tabs on people.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    2 of my co-workers here gets FB invites all the time from old friends, classmates and distant relatives that either they forgot or don't really know. Maybe she just wanted to have more FB friends.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Apparently, she does think of you as a friend and that means she must have at least some feelings for you, too. Think again about whether you want her to know that you do have feelings for her. Get some really good advice from Paul at getyouroldgirlfriendback [dot] com. Paul can show you a way to find you what she's thinking about you without letter her know that you are interested or getting hurt. Good luck to you.

I think it's probably just a whatever thing. Maybe she thought you two could be friends. Maybe she wanted more facebook friends, maybe she just wanted to keep tabs on you (I facebook stalk everybody all the time, haha). It could mean something, but I don't really think so. If you want to, maybe just send her a facebook chat saying hey, haven't talked to you in a while! How've you been? That was it's casual and maybe you can judge what she meant by her response.

If it ain't in real life, it ain't real! So many people have had their hopes built up (or dashed) by misinterpreting activity on social networks such as Facebook. The reality is that when you bump into her in the physical world, she doesn't even say "hi" to you. Next time you see her in person, take the initiative, smile and say "hi, how have you been?" If she has any interest in you at all, you will be able to tell from her response.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 12-02-11 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by getyourexback1 View Post
    Apparently, she does think of you as a friend and that means she must have at least some feelings for you, too. Think again about whether you want her to know that you do have feelings for her. Get some really good advice from Paul at getyouroldgirlfriendback [dot] com. Paul can show you a way to find you what she's thinking about you without letter her know that you are interested or getting hurt. Good luck to you.
    GTFO!

Anyways, sounds like she's testing the waters with you. You should block her though since you've added her. If she wants back into your life, she needs to be straight up about it. She want you to make the first move, I've seen it a million times. She doesnt want to put herself out there like that and run the risk of rejection.